[OPEN] Problems upgrading portable DJ equipment

by reboot2019

Original Post

[OPEN] Problems upgrading portable DJ equipment

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've been messing about with the huge art gallery in San Myshuno and I got the idea of using one of the rooms for a rave. The teen son in my family has portable decks and both parents have maxed handiness.

I purchased the upgrade parts and one of the adult Sims started upgrading, they got two upgrades done then started to route fail for the other upgrades. 

I thought maybe there's not enough room, so I had them put it into their inventory and set it down outside, but still they couldn't upgrade.

Now when I click on upgrade there are only two options available and both have been completed.

Swapping between active Sims and clicking upgrade again and again will sometimes show all the upgrade options, but clicking on them sets off the route fail, and then it goes back to only two upgrade options being shown (both completed)

Usually when an apartment glitch occurs travelling from the apartment fixes it, but not this time and resetting the object has no effect. I will try repairing the game tomorrow, and try it again in a new game. 

Message 1 of 9 (707 Views)

Re: problems upgrading portable DJ equipment

Hero

Which of the upgrades are you seeing (pics are helpful)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Complete saga with a lot of pics on this page

https://sims4challenge.wordpress.com/testing/

There was a routing glitch that broke the upgrade actions in the vanilla game test, but changing households fixed that problem and I was able to completely upgrade both portable decks. 

Next I am going to go back to my original saved game and try swapping households, see if that works... (edit) it didn't. I had to swap my Sim between households to finally get the upgraded decks in his inventory. Infuriating much? 

Message 3 of 9 (686 Views)

Hero

@reboot2019

This seems connected to emotions

Can you duplicate that ? Happy Sims can't upgrade ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (661 Views)

★★ Guide

I hadn't noticed a link with emotions I could test further but, I have a recurring issue with upgrade parts vanishing from the order menu. Its a random bug that hits random households randomly!! 

I will have a play around with the vanilla save and see what's going on. I have to say that I like the recent autonomy changes and it will be the first time playing since update, so I am interested to see. Thanks Phil

Message 5 of 9 (650 Views)

Hero

Yeah, that has it's own thread somewhere :D

I'm going to add this to the list nonetheless

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (642 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Problems upgrading portable DJ equipment

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (629 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @reboot2019 what was your DJ skill during your non-CC tests? Both the DJ and Handiness skill are needed to upgrade it, just making sure you had the right skills and/or enough upgrade parts. Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (605 Views)

★★ Guide

In the vanilla game test neither of the Sims had any DJ experience before they started upgrading - they both completed all the upgrades (without breaks!) before travelling to the arts centre with the equipment, and then started gaining DJ skill at the venue.

Message 9 of 9 (598 Views)