[BY DESIGN] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

by SproutLee

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict My pregnant sims could do it all - throughout her entire pregnancy. Weird thing is, in some saves, pregnant sims can't workout, while they now can in my current save.
Message 11 of 24 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My sim in the third trimester is working out hard at his home gym.  I'm worrying for him and the bab(ies)  :D

Message 12 of 24 (961 Views)

Hero
@Gednaa Is this still the case ? Mine can't workout anymore. Which is still working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (935 Views)

★★★★ Expert

In my experience, this seems to be tied to your pregnant Sim's fitness level before she got pregnant.  My level 10 fitness Sim was able to work out throughout her pregnancy, while less fit Sims had the option locked out after a certain point.

Message 14 of 24 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Ah that's interesting. Mine was level 10 fitness. (He was abducted) I also noticed he could aqua-zip, but not use the sauna?? He had to stop drinking serums in the science career (doctors orders, the notice said!) so to be working out of the weights seems odd. If I remember rightly, I tried to get him something else to do!
Message 15 of 24 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xochiquetzl_xkvn : Really? Hmm... Thinking

Message 16 of 24 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gednaa 

Oh yeah, I noticed that my level 10 fitness scientist was locked out of testing serums when he was alien-pregnant.  I think he worked out, though.  He has the active trait so he really loves working out.

Message 17 of 24 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's all so skew-wiff!  Obvs, drinking serums is not good, but heavy weight lifting in third trimester?  Aqua-zipping? But can't use the sauna.  totally confused!  I would have thought that in the third trimester, so many options would be greyed out. My sims are fit,  but it's not true to life, exercising so hard at that stage of pregnancy. I've watched and bit my nails at times!  :D

Message 18 of 24 (833 Views)

★ Guide
@Gednaa Actually using the sauna is bad at all stages of pregnancy regardless of fitness level. It's not good to get overheated while pregnant and doctors will tell you not to use hot tubs, saunas or take very hot showers/baths. If you are very active/fit and have no complications, you generally do not need to restrict your workouts at all during the first and second trimesters (except to avoid overheating) and just slight adjustments due to balance issues in the third. I ran on the treadmill for my 2nd trimester while pregnant, but eased off in the 3rd because I'm not super fit.
Message 19 of 24 (801 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

Champion

It does seem really odd to me that my pregnant Sim will continually auto-use the training bot to practice fighting but then tells me she can't jog because she's pregnant. I would think it would be the other way around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 20 of 24 (770 Views)