Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Practice typing interrupted by drawing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1220 ‌
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your sim to practice typing while inspired. There must be an arts and crafts table in the household as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a while my sim exits out of the practicing typing command and goes to draw instead. (I would prefer to draw rather than type too.)
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to keep typing until the action is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to patch 1.45.62.1220 ‌

I have only seen this bug occur for my kid sims. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (3,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Practice typing interrupted by drawing

Hero

If your Child Sims suddenly interrupted their computer sessions to draw on the activity
table when Inspired, worry not, this should not happen after this update.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,434 Views)

All Replies

Re: practice typing

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem, my sim stops typing and goes to draw on activity table. Had to turn off free will anytime she needed to do that.

Message 2 of 15 (3,422 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Practice typing interrupted by drawing

★★★★ Guide
Yes, this, except my child sim was told to chat to another sim she knew online. She kept canceling the chat action to go to the drawing table. I was so annoyed I took away the door to the room. That fixed most of the issue (the action would try to queue but would cancel because she couldn't get out of the room). Although, sad day for my sim children as even after she was done with her task, I stored away all the drawing tables anyway. (IK, I'm a mean watcher - lol - that's how annoyed I was.)
Message 3 of 15 (3,376 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm the same, happens on practice typing and play keyboard commander. Often happens so fast I can't even cancel the self-queued drawing interaction. The kid in question has the aspiration focused on motor skill.

Message 5 of 15 (3,252 Views)

★ Guide
Yep. Had to hit Me Too on this one, too. It just started on my latest child since the Feb patch. Practice typing is cancelled out for the drawing table. Child's mood is Confident, though, since she just finished her homework.
Message 6 of 15 (3,173 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My child was only Happy but still kept queuing to go the drawing table. Only workaround was to remove all drawing tables from the lot.

Message 7 of 15 (3,120 Views)

★ Guide
Can confirm this happening with a different child in a different save. Also a different mood. This time playful (after getting back from the playground).
Message 8 of 15 (3,075 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The other workaround I've found is to leave the drawing/craft on the table. The child sim appears to be attracted only to empty tables. ;D
Message 9 of 15 (3,055 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bookmaster325 wrote:
The other workaround I've found is to leave the drawing/craft on the table. The child sim appears to be attracted only to empty tables. ;D

This seems to be the only way around this bug.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 15 (2,973 Views)