Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Powers shut off immediately after 24 hour bill pay warning

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When bills arrive, don't pay them until you get the 24 hour warning.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's a warning that the water will be turned off in 24 hours and the power is shut off immediately. Paying the bill does turn the power back on. The water is turned off after another 24 hours as expected.
What do you expect to see? Having 24 hours to pay the bill before the water shuts offs and then some more time until the power shuts off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Patch for eco lifestyle

This is a re-write of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Power-shut-off-despite-paid-bills-shut-off-to-early/m-p/9... as that thread has turned into a multi-issue thread.

The original thread had 120 me toos but not all are this bug.

Bild_2021-08-25_162023.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (3,852 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Powers shut off immediately after 24 hour bill pay warning

Hero

We all know how eager the Landgraabs are for a bit of dough, but after a productive conference with The Landgraab Power Company, we are pleased to share that power will no longer be shut off early if a bill is not paid within the first 48 hours.

Fixed in Patch 1.104.58/1.86

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (765 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@crinrict are you sure this is a bug? Since they did the bills update, the 24 hours to pay before power shuts off starts the moment the mail arrives. Then when that 24 hours is over, the power is immediately shut off and then you have 24 hours to pay before water is cut.

So you get 24 from the moment bills arrive to pay before power is cut and 48 hours from the moment bills arrive to pay before water is cut. Sounds intentional to me?
Message 2 of 9 (3,825 Views)

Hero
@simvasion It should work like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Power-shut-off-despite-paid-bills-shut-off-to-early/m... as described by Robo

I never had a warning and immediate power shut off before the Eco patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (3,819 Views)

Champion
@crinrict so right now it's reversed and it should be the water shutting off first and then the power? That seems weird. I think before Eco Patch, it seemed like after 48 hours after receiving the bills, both water and power would shut off at the same time.
Message 4 of 9 (3,818 Views)

Hero
@simvasion That's how I remember it too, you're right. It wasn't at the same time. Guess they messed it up :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (3,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested this and it appears the delivery of the bills is the kickoff time for the power being shut off currently. I attached the screenshot of when the bills arrived. 24 sim hours later, I did in fact receive the orange warning bubble for both missing my payment, power being shut off - and then stated I have 24 hours before the water is shut off. I clicked the Lessons - and it does state that I should receive a warning before my bills become "too late", doesn't say that it will give me a warning before shut off - I think that's a technicality, because after water, the repo man comes? Is that when it's too late?

Funny thing is my electricity is still on; I'm going to let it go the entire cycle to see what else happens.

Message 6 of 9 (3,625 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so this is still a thing, but it seems to be a little different for me. I get the bill at 10am and at 11am I get the orange bubble saying the power has been shut off and a second later I get the 24 hour shut off notice. It's happening on a fresh save, I play on console so no mods and i don't use cheats. 

Message 7 of 9 (3,078 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict still an issue :/ all expansions/packs/kits, no mods.
Message 8 of 9 (2,130 Views)

Hero

We all know how eager the Landgraabs are for a bit of dough, but after a productive conference with The Landgraab Power Company, we are pleased to share that power will no longer be shut off early if a bill is not paid within the first 48 hours.

Fixed in Patch 1.104.58/1.86

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (766 Views)