[ARCHIVED] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

by Mysteek220065

Original Post

Re: Squirrels turned off my power???

★★★★★ Pro

It's a prank call and this is the intended result for one of the answers. Your Sims will just have to do without power for a few days. Try the other answer the next time you get that call.

Message 61 of 84 (7,694 Views)

Re: Squirrels turned off my power???

★ Novice

My toddler is now a teenager and I still have no power…

Message 62 of 84 (7,682 Views)

Landgrab keeps shutting my power off and never turns it back on.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Realm of magic, Vampires, toddler stuff, Parenthood, Get to work, Get together, Get famous, Eco lifestyle, Discover University, Dine Out, City living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Play the game on ps5?
What happens when the bug occurs? The Landgrab company informs me the power will be shut off for 24 hours and it never comes back on. My bills will be paid and everything. I’ll even restart the game and it will come back on sometimes, but it goes right back off usually as soon as I leave the lot and come back. It’s supppper frustrating and almost unplayable.It has happened just this past month and it happens everytime I get on and play now.
What do you expect to see? I really would appreciate this bug being fixed and not having the power shut off and not turning on when it’s supposed to. It’s too hard and annoying to play when this happens a lot. I put up with everything else, but this makes the game unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help

Message 63 of 84 (7,608 Views)

Betreff: Landgrab keeps shutting my power off and never turns it back on.

★★★★ Novice

So this Bug is still not fixed! And no reply from EA or Maxis at all. No reason for me to play the game anymore then. I have cared long enough for this buggy mess of a game. Maybe Paralives will  be worth my money instead. One customer less EA. (I know you dont care)

Bye

Message 64 of 84 (7,590 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Have you looked into this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem today and it's so annoying. I've got no mods or CC installed. Not sure what to do.
Message 65 of 84 (7,539 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. All my Sims living in the Culpepper House apartments (3 households) have received a call from the Landgraab Power Company saying the power is going to be temporarily shut off, but the power never comes back on. If I quit the game and return to the same household, they will have power again, but only if they never leave their apartment. If they travel to another location and then return to the lot, the power is off again.

Message 66 of 84 (7,516 Views)

Power won't come back on after being shut off from squirrels

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Strangerville and Return to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through until the power's shut off from squirrels
What happens when the bug occurs? Power will be shut off and won't turn back on
What do you expect to see? Power restored within 24hrs in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living

Have played through until power company shut power off from squirrels. It's been over a week in-game and no return of power. I've removed save files, repaired the game, started a new save file and it happens again. I have no mods installed, it's on a Cottage Living lot, no NAP regarding power of any kind (I've removed all neighbourhood action plans just in case, no change). Edit to add: when I save, exit, and re-enter, power will be back in for a minute then shut off again without warning. My sim doesn't seem to notice (no moodlet for power out, no notification of it being shut off again, my sim does not have carefree trait).

Message 67 of 84 (7,508 Views)

Re: Power won't come back on after being shut off from squirrels

★★★★★ Novice
@sammyella Update: I moved the Sim to another lot and the power issue seems to be resolved. I moved a new Sim onto the original power outage lot and they had power for a couple of minutes then it shut off again without warning, so it seems like the lot itself is pretty useless at this point (unless I make it an off-the-grid lot).
Message 68 of 84 (7,471 Views)

Re: Power won't come back on after being shut off from squirrels

★★★★ Apprentice
@sammyella That's so frustrating - I didn't realise the original lot will become unusable! That's not good at all. Frown
Message 69 of 84 (7,457 Views)

Power Off - Not Being Restored

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu and Throwback Fit Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? The Landgraab's keep shutting the power off to "conserve energy".
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the "Energy Saving" feature work correctly and not keep the power shut off indefinitely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the Cottage Living pack.

The Landgraabs keep shutting the power off to "conserve energy". All bills are paid. It doesn't get turned back on.
If I travel and leave the lot, sometimes it will be on after a reload, but is turned off again soon after. Other times, it's still off. The same goes for if I completely exit the game and reload. It will work for a bit but then once again, the Landgraabs are apologizing but won't turn the power back on. I've gone multiple Sim days to see if the power would eventually be restored. It is not happening.

I'm using the lot, Cordelia's Secret Cottage, with a sim I made using Create A Sim. I have an active chicken coop and barn with cow, as well as numerous plants. Everything is spoiling and the house is filthy because there is no power. The option to SWEEP the dirt into a dustpan would be a nice update, so we don't necessarily need the vacuum.  But that's not germane to the more important issue. 

Edited to Add:
Continued gameplay has power cycling on and off CONSTANTLY now. Can Not Play Like This.  

This did NOT occur after a phone call nor were there squirrels involved for me. 

Message 70 of 84 (7,471 Views)