[ARCHIVED] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

by Mysteek220065

Original Post

Re: Sims power won't come back on

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Skimming through this thread, these have been 2 separate problems for me. Having the power turn off on Tuesday instead of Wednesday has been an issue for me since the summer, maybe earlier (it feels like forever). The squirrel problem just happened to me for the first time ever. I'm gonna fill out the bug form twice, since they seem like separate issues for me and my answers are different. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: Play any household. When you receive the bills on Monday, don't pay them until after Tuesday (they're allegedly due Wednesday). Power turns off on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. 
What happens when the bug occurs?  On Monday morning when bills are delivered, don't pay it right away (bills are due on Wednesday). Tuesday morning, there's the orange notification that bills are due in 24 hours (Wednesday) or the power will be shut off. The power turns off on Tuesday morning at the same time the 24 hour notice notification is sent. If I still don't pay the bills, on Wednesday I get another orange notification that the power is being turned off (which is correct), but the power was already turned off the day before. Basically the notifications don't match the actual game. When I pay the bills, the power immediately turns back on. 
What do you expect to see? The notifications all say the bills are due by Wednesday or the power will be turned off. There's a 24 hour warning on Tuesday. This should match the actual gameplay, but the power gets turned off on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? This is the first household that I've ever had this happen in. But now it's 100% of the time in this household/lot. 
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: I don't know what triggered this. But I had a popup from the Landgraab Power Company (image below) and I clicked "prepared?" and my power was turned off. 
What happens when the bug occurs? I clicked "Prepared?" and my power was turned off. It's been days and the power still hasn't turned back on. I tried solar panels and a power generator, but they didn't help. I moved my family into an empty lot, then moved them back into the original house and the power was back on. But one of my Sims is in the Scientist career, so I traveled with her to work, and when I went back to the house the power was off again. 
What do you expect to see? A way to turn my power back on. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Some extra info on this household/lot where this happened. I'm playing on Chateau Frise, lot traits are cat hangout, dog hangout, and fast internet. NAPs are Fun Loving Community, Rock Your Body (and mind), Self Sufficiency, and Eco-Friendly Appliances. I have 5 household members, 1 male young adult, 1 female young adult, 1 infant, 1 cat, and 1 dog. The dad is in the Tech Guru career, the mom is in the scientist career, and they own a pet clinic (Brindleton Pawspital).  

*ETA* I reopened the game, and their power was on. I followed my Sim to work (scientist career) and when she went back home, the power was off again. I installed 8 roof solar panels, 3 roof wind turbines, 6 of the water catching things, and started up 4 power generators and the power still does not work. 

stole this image from google, but I had a similar one to this. I clicked "Prepared"

Anyone else dealing with a squirrel problem? Just me? Thought so... : Sims4

Message 41 of 84 (1,833 Views)

Re: Sims power won't come back on

★★★ Guide

This still seems to be an issue for me, but something is different since I have a few sim hours to pay the bill beforr the power shuts off? So it's better but not fixed?

Message 42 of 84 (1,822 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening a lot lately. I get  the 1st notification of 24 hours left to pay bills...then straight away the 2nd notification saying the power has been shut off. 

I have eco living, with solar and wind power...might be related to that?

Message 43 of 84 (1,797 Views)

Power turning off for no reason? - Sims 4

★ Apprentice

Hey - so today when I was playing the Sims 4 I got a random phone call saying that they're going to turn off my power for literally no reason (didn't say anything about squirrels, it was random). There's no neighborhood action plan and my bills are paid. What is odd is when I leave my house or I exit out of the game is when the power turns back on. Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue but it is driving me insane. Please help! 

Message 44 of 84 (1,790 Views)

Re: Power turning off for no reason? - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jewelblanco17 Can you please read through this Bug Report to see if this is the same as your issue? If it is, please 'Me Too' the first post on the Bug Report and let me know here it is your issue and I can check on if this thread can be merged into it. Thanks!

Edit: Removed link as the thread I was referring to was merged into this Bug Report.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 45 of 84 (1,766 Views)

Re: Power turning off for no reason? - Sims 4

★ Apprentice

Hi, so yes this is happening to me as well. The second post is about what happens to me and it started happening yesterday. I've never had this problem. It was just a phone call from some random person telling me they were turning off my power. When I try to turn on a light it just says something like "the Landgraab Company has turned off your power. Sorry actually not really". When I exit the game, that's when my power gets turned back on. 

Message 46 of 84 (1,754 Views)

Power is turned off when returning home from restaurant

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats & dogs, Seasons, Island living, Discover university, Eco lifestyle, Snowy escape, Outdoor retreat, Spa day, Dine out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle adventure, Luxury party stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Kids room stuff, Backyard stuff, Vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to an owned restaurant and then travel back home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The power is shut off and doesn't turn on until the game is restarted. When trying to turn on an electronic it says that Landgraab apologizes (but not really). All bills are payed. I got a call from the Landgraabs earlier in the game saying that they shut off the power temporarily for 48 hours but it has gone way more than 48 hours since. Using solar panels or windmills does not turn on the power.
What do you expect to see? The power should be on and working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Translation from Swedish to English (not the English version of the text, just a translation): "Your power is turned off temporarily. Landgraab Power apologizes for eventual discomfort this brings ... kind of ... not really"

Message 47 of 84 (1,679 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also experiencing issues with bills.  Bills arrives then I get an instant warning stating power will be cut off within 24hours  then it goes off. All before my sims has even walked from the sofa to the door. 

I know it can take hours for the sims to complete a task. But this is ridiculous.

I have no mods. No cheats. A few stuff packs and that is it. 

I play on the PS4 and honestly wish i had a hard copy of the game so I could sell it and get something back 

Message 48 of 84 (1,620 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Mysteek220065 I am also experiencing this. As soon as I get the notice that I have 24 hours to pay my bills the power is shut off.
Message 49 of 84 (1,589 Views)

★★★ Expert

My Mt. Komorebi Sim also got the 'Due to squirrels we are going to turn off your power some time in the next 48 hours. Are you prepared?' message. She gave the negative reply and the power instantly went out and she got an 8-hour tense moodlet. I've had this event occur in the past with other Sims and everything worked fine-- after 8 hours the power came back on and the moodlet expired. The only thing I did differently this time was I had to save & quit before the 8 hours were up. The next time I loaded the save I immediately got a Last Exception error and the power was back on; however, any time this Sim travels to a different lot and returns home again the power is off and it will not come on again no matter how long she waits. Restarting the game or going to World Edit mode and then back to Live mode will temporarily restore power to the lot until the next time she travels.

Perhaps the bug is triggered by interrupting the event either by leaving the lot or exiting the game before the 8 hours has passed?

Message 50 of 84 (1,530 Views)