[ARCHIVED] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

by Mysteek220065

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue, I'm currently behind and on patch 1.65.77.1020. However, I did not have this issue before (in a save playing in Evergreen Harbour, on an off-the-grid lot).

What I noticed immediately in the game was that when the bills are FIRST delivered on Monday, for some reason I'm told I only have 24 hours to pay it before the power is shut off. I thought it was 48 hrs?? Then, on Tuesday at 8am, the Sims are told their power is shut off, followed by a warning that water will be shut off in 24 hrs. Again, I thought it was at least 48hrs before anything happens, and then 48hrs between the utilities each being shut off.

This is a new save game I'm playing, the Pancakes family in Willow Creek, and I have all packs installed except Batuu.

There is no notification about squirrels. This is a result of not paying bills but no longer having any time to pay the bills.

Message 31 of 84 (2,581 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me also... Got the power notice about the squirrels, decided to go on vacation, came back, power was always off. Adding power grid items like solar panels did not solve this issue.

Message 32 of 84 (2,500 Views)

Re: Power bug sims 4

★ Novice

I'm having this problem too, how do we fix it???

Message 33 of 84 (2,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just happened to me. I don't recall anything about squirrels but just that Landgraab Power was shutting of power, asking if I was ready. Bills are all paid. Have all packs except Star Wars and Spooky Stuff. No mods or cc. Playing in Brindleton Bay.

Restarted game and power is back.

Message 34 of 84 (2,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have this issue. My sim is living in Strangeville, and she got the call from Nancy Landgraab about the 24 hour notice for the power shutdown. The shutdown lasted a week until I exited the game and ran it again. Upon doing that, my Sim's home had electricity again. However, every time she goes out to other lots and comes back home, her electricity gets shut down again. I have to exit the game and enter it again to fix this issue every time it happens.

I do have every game pack in existence if it helps, but I do hope EA solves this problem or has a workaround!

Message 35 of 84 (2,346 Views)

Electric Company Game Glitch

★★ Novice

I won't even get into the crashes,  but when I can play one household got a call from the power company.  They asked were they prepared for the power shutdown and shutdown my Sims power. It never came back on.  I played for 7 Sim days and no power. Game crashed when I went back,  they had power.  If they visit another lot and come home,  no power again. This is crazy and the issues are getting old. 

Message 36 of 84 (2,341 Views)

Sims power won't come back on

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except vampires and star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing in San Myshuno one of the calls from the power company. The power company asked if we were prepared for the upcoming power shut down. The community has it where it conserves power for 1 day per week.
What happens when the bug occurs? The power was shut off, but it never came back on. I kept playing for 7 sim days and nothing. The game finally crashed. When I went back to the family the power was back on. I then took the family to Mt. Komorebi for a festival. When I came back home the power was off again.
What do you expect to see? Power is only off for 12 hours and outside of that the power should stay on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Power company shut off power. But after 7 sims days, no power. Bills were delivered and paid during this time.  No power.  Game crashed  when I went been power. If the whole family visits another lot, when they come back,  no power again. 

Message 37 of 84 (2,349 Views)

Re: Sims power won't come back on

Hero
@redgyrl Could you please edit your post and check if you're then prompted to fill out the bug template form ? There's a bit of an issue currently but it works if you edit.

Need all the info.

Did you have any messages about squirrels being involved in the power shut-off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 84 (2,341 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here.  Sometimes I have a few hours before the power gets shut off.  

Message 39 of 84 (2,262 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

★★ Guide

Penny pizzazz (chic street apartments?) got this call from nancy and the power was shut off and the same problems that others have mentioned.

- After trying to fix and wait it out for 4 sim weeks I gave up and moved her. The problem did not follow the household.

- Played other households in the same and different worlds, no problem, either the power were never shut off or came back on. 

- Real-life weeks later, I have forgotten about this and move a new sim in, across Penny's old apartment.

The power was on for a few days until I travel off lot and back. no notification or call from Nancy

Message 40 of 84 (2,110 Views)