Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

by TwinGoddessLA

Original Post

★ Guide

I got the 'Due to squirrels we are going to turn off your power some time in the next 48 hours. Are you prepared?' message. Power did not come back on  - all bills paid and all eco lifestyle stuff turned off from beginning of save and all NAPS disabled. Power would randomly come back on for a while if traveled or went out of lot and back in, but then would go out again.

Message 21 of 84 (2,777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. My sim receives her bills like normal every Monday, but if I don't have her pay them the same day and wait until the next day, I get the notification that I have 24 hours to pay my pills and the notification that my power has been shut off due to not paying my bills at the same time. Then my power gets shut off. Disappointed

Message 22 of 84 (2,673 Views)

★ Guide

In my case I am not getting the bills at all or they come right before the power is shut off on Wednesday instead of getting bill on Monday.

Message 23 of 84 (2,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So I'm having the same issue, I will have my bill come do way before they should...and the squirrels are plotting aginst my sim...at this point I'm convinst its so O^O...I won't recive any notice that they are going to turn off the power due to the squirrel ..I'll leave my lot for the day and come back to find the power turned off...with the notice on that the Landgrab company is sorry but not and thats the only way I know its turned off from the squirrels O^O...the only way to get it to come back on is to restart my computer because when I just come back to my home lot to find it off my sim doesn't get any moodlet at all...yeahhhhhhh

I should also mention that the one time I actualy was home when I got the phone call and recived the moodlet I decided to have my sim go to another lot...which was apparently a mistake. While the moodlet ran out and dissapeared upon returning home the power did not come back on and the message of the Landgrab comany being sorry but not was there...so yeah this new event means you can't leave your home at all...hehehee yeahhhhh no I'll just restart my computer whenever it pops its stupid head up until they fix this stupid thing....

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 24 of 84 (2,660 Views)

Re: Power bug sims 4

★★★ Guide

Just realized this is happening in my game. The notification "You have 24 hours to pay your bills before the power gets shut off" comes after 1 sim day and the power gets shut off immediately at the same time and the notification for shutting off the power from Lamdgraab Company pops up. :/

Message 25 of 84 (2,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It was fixed during the 1.64.84.1020 patch. For me, at least.
Message 26 of 84 (2,618 Views)

Hero
@ElfinSim Sadly some of the reports here are newer than the patch Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 84 (2,598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ElfinSim & @crinrict I didn't even have a problem before the last update! Oo' now I can't even leave my home lot without coming back to this stupid issue...and I've repaired my game at least twice, and have no mods at all so yeahhhhhhhhhh I can safly say for some of us the patch made it worse so so much worse >M<

Message 28 of 84 (2,587 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this problem. Had it happen to me for the first time last night, though last night was the first time I've played a non-green lot with no power generation since I got the pack. Power got turned off by the Landgraabs because of squirrels. My Sim did initially have a tense moodlet for 24 hours but nothing happened once it ran out. Power never kicked back on. Exiting out of the game fixed the problem temporarily (the power didn't kick back on, the game just behaved like it had never been shut off, so no notification saying it had been turned back on) but if I travel away from the lot and return, the power is out again without a notification.

Message 29 of 84 (2,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, here I am: same problem. 

Someone called my sim to notice him the squirrels had eaten the power wires and he's without power.
I get off the game and the power comes back. I change the lot end the power goes off.
I'm too p***ed because it happened to my college student two days before he got his degree.
He lives in a mini house. I've been playing for 3 days to make him graduate in engineering without cheats and here I am: he couldn't either use his PC at home.
The only thing I could try is changing lot. Not sure it will work.

I have no mods nor scripts on.

Playing on PC, Italian version.

I've got all packs, expansions and stuff packs but Star Wars.

It never happened to me before the last patch and I've been playing for more than 3k hours. 

EDIT: If you change lot and move to a new one, the problem is fixed. Not sure what's happening if you move a new family into the "squirrells' power curse" lot.

Message 30 of 84 (2,474 Views)