Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1631361010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampire and Little houses
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play until there’s 24 hours to pay bills
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification is received that there’s 24 hours to pay bills before power is shut off. Then immediately the power is shut off. Both notifications that your power had been shut off and the 24 hour notice are received simultaneously.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have 24 hours to pay bills before the power is shut off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Echo Lifestyle and June patch

It’s happened several times different families and different worlds including Evergreen 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 4 of 84 (23,649 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Echoing what @SimQARobo and @crinrict have said, this thread has made apparent that there are multiple issues being discussed within it. As such we'll be locking this one and creating a new thread for each issue for tracking purposes as well as clarity. 

This post will be marked as the solution in this thread to help guide players to the correct post for their issue.

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 84 of 84 (12,646 Views)

All Replies

Power bug sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, but Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Landgraab turns my power off even though all bills are paid and it never comes back on.
What do you expect to see? Power
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the latest patch for Sims

Every time I try to play, Landgraab turns my power off and never turns it back on. All bills are paid. I restart my game and then it just repeats itself. I've tried starting a new Sim Family and it still happens. I'm starting to get frustrated because I can't use any of my objects. It ends up making the game unplayable. 

Message 1 of 84 (23,908 Views)

Re: Power bug sims 4

★★★ Pro

Have you tried removing your mods and seeing if that works sometimes mods cause weird stuff to happen in the game.

Message 2 of 84 (23,879 Views)

Hero
@pinkcupcakesim Have you tested this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 84 (23,850 Views)

Re: Bills

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 84 (23,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing this too and I have no mods installed. 

Message 6 of 84 (23,815 Views)

Hero
@Celizabet Do you have the eco pack ?

Do your Sims generate powers themselves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 84 (23,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I do have the Eco expansion but I’m not playing in the eco world, I’m playing in the desert world that comes with the base game. I had played several days on the new eco world with no issue. When I started a new fam in the desert world I got an in-game alert that the Landgraab Power Company was turning off the electricity to my lot because of squirrels. But there are no squirrels on my lot? And no trees, so no leaf piles. And I can’t figure out how to get the power back on. My bills are paid. 

Because I have the eco pack, I am just working around it by having solar panels and stuff but it’s very frustrating. 

Message 8 of 84 (23,756 Views)

Hero
@Celizabet Landgraab Power Company Safety Alert: Due to squirrels we are going to turn off your power some time in the next 48 hours. Are you prepared

Was that the message ?

I found that in the text file and it sounds like some kind of intended event that has nothing to do with bills.

How long as power been out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 84 (23,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes that was the message. Power has been out since day 4 of sims life. Sim is now 27 days old (starting as young adult)

in real time, since 6/14/2020

Message 10 of 84 (23,705 Views)