Re: Power bug sims 4

by hey1tsem

Original Post

Electricity 'always' turned off re. squirrels (Eco Living to ver. 1.71.86.1020)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs until Wednesday, 3rd March 2021. Started happening after Eco Living was installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Always happen consecutively after the random event where Landgrabb Co. shuts off the electricity due to squirrels. Step 1: Have a random event occur. Step 2: Save the game file. Step 3: Play that same house. Select sim and travel to another lot. Step 4: Come back to the home lot. Observation after events: Electricity always turned off due to squirrels! Always!
What happens when the bug occurs? Electricity always turned off due to squirrels after travelling away from the home lot to visit another lot or community venue, to come back to the power always being switched off.
What do you expect to see? I come back to the home lot and the power is 'always' switched off. When hovering over TVs or lights "The Landgrabs have shut off the power"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Eco Living

Electricity always turned off due to squirrels after travelling away from the home lot to visit another lot or community venue, to come back to the power always being switched off.  I come back to the home lot and the power is 'always' switched off. When hovering over TVs or lights "The Landgrabs have shut off the power"

Always happen consecutively after the random event where Landgrabb Co. shuts off the electricity due to squirrels.

Step 1: Have a random event occur.
Step 2: Save the game file.
Step 3: Play that same house. Select sim and travel to another lot.
Step 4: Come back to the home lot.

Observation after events: Electricity always turned off due to squirrels! Always!

This is ver 1.71.86.1020 (64 bit) and this has happened ever since installing Eco Living

Message 51 of 84 (1,321 Views)

Electricity Bug after Eco Living EP

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I return to home lot after visiting another lot, electricity always turned off at random.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I return to home lot after visiting another lot, electricity always turned off at random.
What do you expect to see? For the electricity to work/permanently disable the Landgrabb event that bugs up the game. The game does not even realise it's mucking up the elecricity, just randomly does the events and the sims have no idea - no Suirrels/Landgrabb moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ever since Eco Living. Hate that pack! It ruined my game and caused all these Landgrab electricity problems.

When I return to home lot after visiting another lot, electricity always turned off at random. I would like to see the electricity to work/permanently disable the Landgrabb event that bugs up the game. The game does not even realise it's mucking up the elecricity, just randomly does the events and the sims have no idea - no Suirrels/Landgrabb moodlet

I would also like to know whether you bother to fix bugs? This has been going on for 9 months since Eco Livings release! Frustrated! 

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tags. Please don't tag bugs yourself.

Message 52 of 84 (1,279 Views)

Re: Electricity Bug after Eco Living EP

[ Edited ]
Hero

@calzonyCraze I merged the post you made yesterday already with the existing thread. Merged this one as well.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 84 (1,265 Views)

Power Going In and Out

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grims Gouhlish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave the sims home lot and return
What happens when the bug occurs? Power going in and out too often
What do you expect to see? To be notified when the power goes out, for it to not go out so often.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The electricity is on, my Sim will leave the lot, when my Sim comes back, the power is out, says the Landgrabs shut it off. The power will come back about two in-game hours later and will go back out again. The power keeps going in and out. No NAPs regarding energy efficiency are in effect.

Message 54 of 84 (1,166 Views)

Re: Power Going In and Out

Hero
@Koylezz Do you get the squirrel message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 84 (1,158 Views)

Re: Power Going In and Out

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have the same Power off Problem in my Game. 21 Chic Street appartment. Power goes off and never comes back. The game is unplayable in this status. I stopped playing in December because of that stuff and now I come back and its still not fixed.
Message 56 of 84 (1,060 Views)

Re: Power turning off for no reason? - Sims 4

★★★★ Novice
@jewelblanco17 Yes I have had this issue on two different lots. One of families I moved to a different lot, not further power issues. Now it just happened on another lot. I moved her out then back in, issue seemed to be fixed. Now it's back again. Very frustrating...
Message 57 of 84 (958 Views)

Re: Power turning off for no reason? - Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Just happened to me too, in a custom lot I built on the Torendi Towers site. This is REALLY irritating. Kill this bug immediately.

Message 58 of 84 (874 Views)

Re: Power bug sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

when its says that it means that you have 24 hours before your water gets turned off its not even a bug lol

Message 59 of 84 (809 Views)

Squirrels turned off my power???

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expecpt for dream home decorator, star wars journey to batuu, realm of magic, vampires, and the courtyard oasis and throwback kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I got a message saying Landgrabb power compant alert. Due to squirrels we are going to turn off your power sometime in the next 48 hours.Are you prepared?
What happens when the bug occurs? I answered the question and the power automatically turned off and now it wont come back on. I took out my cc and repaired the game and had the same result.
What do you expect to see? My sims can't cook, watch tv, use the computers, their phones, wash clothes. Anything with electricity I have to leave the lot because it will not come back on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 60 of 84 (800 Views)