Re: Pool: Steaming Ornaments don't work (only Bubbles, all of them)

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Pool: Steaming Ornaments give bubbles instead of steam

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (no mods or cc)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Steaming ornaments (pool)
What happens when the bug occurs? Steaming ornament from Get together only makes bubbles no steam. So do all the other pool "accessoires" (only bubbles, all of them!)
What do you expect to see? I want them to function properly again Frown (Steam/Fog!)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Steaming ornament from Get together only makes bubbles no steam. So do all the other pool "accessoires" (only bubbles, all of them!) Does anyone have the same problem? I wanted to build a creepy build but now I can't make any "fog" ... only bubbles...

Message 1 of 18 (4,416 Views)

Message 2 of 18 (4,364 Views)

Hero

HI @Aijah2211 

can you confirm that it's the same as in the linked thread ?

If not, could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (4,352 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello Crinrict! Thank you for your answer. I don't think this is the same problem as linked.

My Problem is, that all of the ornaments only make Bubbles. The steaming one should only make some steam/fog...

Also sometimes they "pop out" a little bit of steam wich rises to heaven (you can see this in the 3rd picture) :D

like a special effect...

14.04.19_12-03-04.png

14.04.19_12-02-10.png

14.04.19_12-03-54.png

Message 4 of 18 (4,345 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Aijah2211 I see this in my game as well and will add it to our list.

Message 5 of 18 (4,273 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pool: Steaming Ornaments give bubbles instead of steam

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem forever as well. I've looked everywhere, even pulled out CC and any mods I had and nada. Nothing I do fixes, so I'm 100% sure it's not me.It's getting frustrating because I have witchy builds that use the steam vents and they're all nonfunctional. 

Message 6 of 18 (4,114 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pool: Steaming Ornaments give bubbles instead of steam

★★ Apprentice

I've had the same problem for months, but what I figured out is the steam/mist does appear, but it acts like the bubbles and just flies away into the sky every once in a while so you see it briefly. I miss having the steam/mist so much.

Message 7 of 18 (4,065 Views)

★ Guide

it is not fixed.

Message 8 of 18 (3,672 Views)

Hero
@rottenmeier I mixed up two threads. It was another issue they fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (3,662 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pool: Steaming Ornaments give bubbles instead of steam

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Kinda wanted to pump this up again, the bug is still there! 
I just realised that there are supposed to be two different types of emitters: steam and bubble and they have very different styles so you can visually tell them apart from each other even without looking at the description. (The ones made from stone are supposed to emit bubbles AND steam, the ones that have a grid are supposed to emit ONLY steam)

Tried to do a spooky halloween build but it's kinda hard trying to create that mysterious foggy vibe when the steam emitters only produce bubbles*. Especially now with the new pack coming I hope this gets fixed ASAP. I'd love the hot springs to be surrounded by steam, not bubbles. Disappointed And I hope those effects are kept separate in the future so that you can choose either steam or bubbles! 

(* and yes, once in a while I notice some steam producing that immediately disappears but if it's a steam emitter I would need it to continually produce steam and Only steam)

edited: typos

Message 10 of 18 (3,290 Views)