Re: Player Trait: Unable to complete Villainous Valentine (Get Caught Cheating t

by kusurusu

Original Post

Re: Villainous Valentine aspiration help

★ Pro
@LynseyLig Even with Player trait?
Message 11 of 26 (2,049 Views)

Re: Villainous Valentine aspiration help

★★★★ Novice
@kusurusu My sin does not have player trait, just the non-comittal trait.
Message 12 of 26 (2,040 Views)

Re: Player Trait: Unable to complete Villainous Valentine (Get Caught Cheating t

★★★★ Pro

I see three possible ways this could've been implemented:
- That the Player trait is temporarily inactive while a sim has the Villainous Valentine aspiration
- That Sims with the Player trait get the "Get caught cheating" counting up if they're cheating, but the witnessing Sim doesn't get sad or angry (maybe they could get tense instead?)
- That the "Get caught cheating" milestone is auto-filled for Sims with the Player trait

Message 13 of 26 (1,835 Views)

★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd I agree with you. I'd choose the second way as better option. If only programmers saw your idea...
Message 14 of 26 (1,801 Views)

★ Pro
@SqueamishNerd Player is a passive trait (i.e., it blocks progress by merely existing), so making it inactive wouldn't work here, and auto-filling the milestone seems a bit cheap.

All they need to do to fix this bug is to remove one single trait test from up to three broadcaster files (and it wouldn't even affect anything else).
Message 15 of 26 (1,668 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 26 (1,566 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruRitzy loot_Aspiration_Heartbreaker_TrackCheating is still blocked by trait_Player in all three broadcaster_Jealousy files (and there's no other link to that loot action and thus to event_heartbreaker_cheating)
Message 17 of 26 (1,555 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Player Trait: Unable to complete Villainous Valentine

★★★ Newbie

Anything in console? I seem to be having the same issue ☹️

Message 18 of 26 (1,320 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruRitzy Are you still waiting for saves? And if so, does it matter how a Sim obtained their traits (cheats or otherwise)?
Message 19 of 26 (1,170 Views)

EA Staff
@kusurusu

Hello!

For now, we no longer need save. we have enough saves to investigate it further, however it will take some time.

For your query, about if it matters reproducing. Yes, unfortunately, it does matter and we need saves without using cheats in a fresh game.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 26 (1,120 Views)