Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Player Trait Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with the player trait have a romantic interaction with a Sim other than their significant Sim, while the significant Sim is present.
What happens when the bug occurs? Major hit to to Friendship. About 20% loss.
What do you expect to see? For the Sim or Sims with the Player Trait to not lose Friendship or Romance levels with other Sims. I also expect Sims without the Player Trait to lose Friendship and Romance if they perform similar actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been well over a year since this started. I was asked to open a new Thread by one of the Moderators. It worked fine when the game was new, then somewhere along the line of expansions and updates, it broke. It was reported fixed, but it wasn't.

This has been an ongoing issue.    Please refer to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PARTLY-FIXED-Player-trait-doesn-t-work/td-p/4670227/highlight/... for a history of this issue.  @crinrict asked me to Open a new report on this issue.

Message 1 of 25 (8,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Player Trait Broken

Hero

Sims will no longer become jealous when sims with the Player trait perform romantic interactions with other Sims in front of them.

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Also tagging @Ulfric_Grimbrand  for feedback on this (Happy Day ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 25 (9,073 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (8,218 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still no word on this issue?

Message 3 of 25 (8,024 Views)

★★ Guide
I have this issue too, and don't play the affected sims anymore because it is neither fun nor funny. Sure, the romantic relationship bar seems unaffected (note it's been more than a year since I played these sims so I don't remember for certain), but the sharp decline in friendship meant the Player sim had trouble when he tried to interact with his other lovers.

I never played with any mods until late last month, so the problem cropped up in a nice clean vanilla game.

(I've finally resorted to using MCCC to help me work around some other longstanding issues. It's helping, too.)
Message 4 of 25 (7,977 Views)

Hero

The issue with this thread really is that no one seems interested in this. We had 2 me toos in all this time.

More voices would be nice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (7,953 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Player Trait Broken

★ Guide
Me too! I just recently discovered the cheat to complete aspiration milestones- so I went through and finished the ones relevant to my game.

I completed the serial romantic aspiration for kicks. For the most part, it’s worked. But Alana’s husband reacts with negative friendship icons when she invites her boyfriend to WooHoo in front of her husband.

Same with them- about a quarter bar friendship loss. I repair it with a cheat, but that’ll get tedious because I’m on Xbox.

Husband doesn’t physically react with negativity- but friendship still goes down. Mood doesn’t change- just the friendship status. Boyfriend (who is the Butler) doesn’t react at all when Alana and her Husband get frisky. No friendship loss there. So far, the issue seems to be with the husband only.

For now I’ll work around it by giving Alana and her boyfriend a room the husband can’t access, and be a little more discreet with the heavy stuff- but that kinda defeats the purpose when it comes to the story I wanna tell.

I’ve given the Husband the same aspiration, so I’ll get him involved with someone and see if Alana reacts the same way he does when he gets naughty in front of her.
Message 6 of 25 (7,767 Views)

★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, she will.  I'm actually surprised the butler isn't being hit with a loss.

Message 7 of 25 (7,751 Views)

★★★ Guide

Almost 4 years now, and not just broken, but since Get Famous, a new broken where a romantic interest observing the person with the Player Trait  romancing someone else loses Reputation.

@crinrict

Please, push this up

Vampire Gardening outside, and this have been my biggest bugs!

Not one of today's " massive number of fixes" was an issue in my game.

Message 8 of 25 (7,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm sorry this didn't get fixed for you but there's really nothing I can do.

This has 7 me toos.

A lot of the issues fixed today had 200-400.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (7,703 Views)

★★★ Guide

So what you're saying is, it's never going to be addressed?

So much for the "play your way" line.

It worked in the beginning, a patch broke it.  Simply because only 7 me too have been clicked means we're SOL?

Guess I'll take my money and time elsewhere.

As I posted in the forums;

Thanx for nothing.

Message 10 of 25 (7,695 Views)