by sonynotte

Original Post

[OPEN] Player-Created Generic Lots Not Recognized For Events

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Vampires, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Kids Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Spooky Stuff, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spa Day, Get Together, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a Generic lot in the world and plan an event that is now able to use a Generic lot. In my tests it was a wedding, for comparison.
What happens when the bug occurs? When planning a social event, I cannot have the event at any Generic lot save for the pre-existing "The Summer Home" lot.
What do you expect to see? Since the November 7th patch, weddings and the like should be able to be hold these events at Generic lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 7th patch allowed for use of Generic lots in social events.

"The Summer Home" is the only Generic lot recognized across all saves. It is not Save specific. The game has been tested without Custom Content, the game has been repaired, lots have been replaced, and lot type has been changed. Nothing player-made, by me or by someone else, is recognized. Only "The Summer Home."

Message 1 of 16 (8,913 Views)

Re: Player-Created Generic Lots Not Recognized For Events

Hero

Hi @sonynotte

is that the only lot it's not working or did you try to set another to generic and test that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (8,793 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

After changing another premade lot (Blue Velvet Nightclub in Willow Creek), can confirm it's the only type not working unless it already existed as Generic (Summer Home). Changing The Blue Velvet nightclub to Generic removed it from the list of eligible places to have an event. This was tested both with CC and without.

Message 3 of 16 (8,784 Views)

Hero

Sorry, Think there was a lost in translation moment going on there. I know understand what you're saying.

I've replicated and add later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (8,763 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (8,748 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Player-Created Generic Lots Not Recognized For Events

★ Guide

Was this ever resolved?  Patch, workaround, or anything?

Message 6 of 16 (8,629 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Player-Created Generic Lots Not Recognized For Events

Hero
It's an open bug .. Haven't seen any workarounds either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (8,626 Views)

The Summer Home Is Considered Generic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try throwing a wedding
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I go to find a lot, there will always only be one generic lot "The Summer Home". This isn't even a generic lot type.
What do you expect to see? For "The Summer Home" to not be there as generic and actual generic lot types to show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (241).png

This lot isn't even owned by these sims 

Screenshot (240).png

This lot is residential, so I'm unsure why the game thinks it's generic when planning a party. 

Message 8 of 16 (8,215 Views)

Re: The Summer Home Is Considered Generic

★★★ Guide

Thought I should also mention that in Nov 7, 2017 patch notes, it says that events can be hosted on generic lot types. I've never seen any other generic lot type show up other than "The Summer Home" 

Sketch (5).png

Message 9 of 16 (8,202 Views)

Re: The Summer Home Is Considered Generic

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (8,188 Views)