Re: Played Sim Hired As A Bouncer; Played Sim Should Not Be Hired As A Service R

by Melpomena

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Played Sims are used in roles, f.e. as a bouncer

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a lot where a bouncer should appear
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my played Sims is used as a bouncer
What do you expect to see? A NPC or Tonie as the bouncer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since Get Famous (of course they were introduced with it)

Hi Simers,

the game uses played Sims in roles again, f.e. for the bouncer. It´s similar to the Vet problem we had with C&D. (The Vet should be fixed since a patch but as it seems, I personally didn´t saw that because I wasn´t in a pet clinic until now, but other players told me it´s broken again with Fame)
Maybe it´s by design that our Sims are used as bouncers then I don´t like it (they aren´t used for other roles too), or it´s a bug, then fix it please.
Is it known for which roles played Sims can be used from the game?

Message 1 of 15 (2,762 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Played Sims are used in roles, f.e. as a bouncer

★★★★ Guide
One of the GameChangers has experienced this first hand (TheSimSupply). It appeared to make quite a mess in one of his played households in his GF Rags to Riches let's play.
Message 2 of 15 (2,708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don´t understand why it´s so hard to tell the game, don´t use Sims marked as played? We know that it could work.

Message 3 of 15 (2,680 Views)

Champion
Maybe it used them because they were unemployed? With the new register option, maybe giving sims self employed or homemaker jobs will prevent them being picked.
Message 4 of 15 (2,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The one I remember (he is a vet and owns a clinic) is unemployed until now. I will give this a try and report but it can take while, yesterday one of my NPCs was picked as bouncer.

EDIT: What about elders? Did they need a registration too? Yesterday I had a "NPC elder bouncer"!

Message 5 of 15 (2,647 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Nope. It also just happened in my save, all the sims in the household had a job or registered self-employment. It picked them anyway. When I got back into that played household, I got an error notification--removing something in build/buy (not sure what, I use no cc) and one of the sims was still wearing the bouncer attire and had new relationships--ex. he now has a severe hatred for Katrina Caliente (lol).
Message 6 of 15 (2,599 Views)

★ Guide

The bouncers in my game are my played household vampires.

Message 7 of 15 (2,595 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Played Sims are used in roles, f.e. as a bouncer

Hero
Added this for amount of reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,535 Views)

Played Sim Hired As A Bouncer; Played Sim Should Not Be Hired As A Service Role

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are being hired as DSV bouncer, etc
What do you expect to see? Well I saw my played sim are hired as a Bouncer. Problem is, this ruins my immersion because my sim "have his/her job" or "rich enough to do other thing" or "are stay-at-home mom/dad". Some registerd to "Ministry of Labor". These voluntary jobs such as this Bouncer and Market-related vendor, shall not be picked from played household because it just ruin my sim's outfit, time, inventory, and immersion. I politely ask you - EA developers - to stop picking my played sim for any volunteer work, and suggest you to use unused NPC (unplayed sim and not-in-world NPC) instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 9 of 15 (2,522 Views)

Re: Played Sim Hired As A Bouncer; Played Sim Should Not Be Hired As A Service R

★ Apprentice
At least 3 of my played not active sims were giving a bouncer job while they were registered as independant workers for two of them. The third one was an artist. When I went back to play this family, the artist had lost her job (career).
Message 10 of 15 (2,437 Views)