by Kathykins

Original Post

[OPEN] Play with Toddler animation broken

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs / City Living / Get Together / Get to Work / Parenthood / Vampires / Dine Out / Spa Day / Outdoor Retreat / My First Pet / Spooky / Cool Kitchen / Perfect Patio / Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the "play" interaction with a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The animations appear to be... quite odd. =) Check the video for reference.
What do you expect to see? The toddler plays with the adult normally as the animation should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As you can see from the above video, the animation doesn't seem right. Standard smile

Message 1 of 15 (3,514 Views)

Re: Toddler - "Play" Interaction

Hero
@hestiah23 Does it ahppen 100% of the cases again ? I had it a few times after it was fixed but it was pretty random. More not happening then happening

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,464 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It’s happening every so often with the families I play.
Message 3 of 15 (3,458 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Yes, this also happens in my game in 50 % of the play interactions. The bug is many months old. A similar long-distance distortion can also be observed when Sims are petting pets autonomously.
Message 4 of 15 (3,446 Views)

★★ Guide
@alanmichael1 I also see the long arm issue when letting out a toddler from the high chair.
Message 5 of 15 (3,403 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
I've seen this a lot if the sims don't have plenty of open space around them. They might need 2-3 squares of space on all sides. If a piece of furniture is in that space, they glitch out more often than not.
Message 6 of 15 (3,377 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Play with Toddler animation broken

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem since I started the game, happens randomly all the time.

Message 7 of 15 (3,042 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still happening. It happened to me a few times on one of my saved games. I don't have that save now. 

Message 8 of 15 (2,723 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the "play" interaction with a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The animations appear to be... quite odd.
What do you expect to see? The toddler plays with the adult normally as the animation should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 9 of 15 (2,674 Views)

Champion
I think @Kathykins is right - the toddler interaction seemed to be broken for me in every household, even when I thought they had plenty of space...relatively... but I tend to play with more “cramped” (read: realistic) homes. However when my hero of Strangerville bought herself a mansion with a ton of empty floor space just because I purposely made the house huge and hadn’t figured out how to furnish the whole thing yet, she can play with her toddler and the animation works! Almost every time!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 10 of 15 (2,641 Views)