Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Play Dolls With' Interaction Not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make an older sim play dolls with a kid sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The older sim doesn't do anything and then does something else autonomously. While the kid sim uses the doll house to play dolls.
What do you expect to see? Both sims should play dolls together.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims don't play dolls together.png

sims

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (6,241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] 'Play Dolls With' Interaction Not Working

Hero

Elder, Adults, Young Adults, and Teen Sims can now Play Dolls With Toddlers. Aww, adorable. ^_^

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (3,621 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 'Play Dolls With' Interaction Not Working

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue.

Message 2 of 16 (6,126 Views)

★ Guide

I have just discovered it is not limited to "play dolls". Sims cannot "teach shapes to toddlers" or "teach toddlers to build tower" either. When we use these interactions, they start as they used to, but as soon as the toddler starts to play with the blocks, the older sim stops and autonomously starts doing something else.

Message 3 of 16 (6,097 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Same problem. Was able to get the child to play with the dollhouse, but could never get the "Play Dolls With" interaction to work.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 16 (6,086 Views)

★ Guide

Any EA response to this issue? It's hard to play The Sims 4 without "teach shapes to toddlers" or "teach toddlers to build tower" because toddlers won't get maximum skills without them, so no kids can be born in the game until the problem is fixed. Unless you don't care about their skills.

Message 5 of 16 (6,005 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  • Having the same issue. Playing dolls with others, no matter the age, is not working. Also, play make believe doesn't seem to be working. From what I remember, the kids would usually run around playing. Now they just stand there and talk for a second, then it's over. I'm wondering if they new patch broke children having interactions with others due to the new animation in nifty knitting teaching kids to knit. I hope they fix this issue. My family game play is boring without these child interactions.
Message 6 of 16 (5,929 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too.  The "open presents with.." option is bugged too 

Message 7 of 16 (5,909 Views)

★ Pro

TheFreshSims over at Tumbler has a mod that fixes this. If you wish to use mods.

Googled: TheFreshSims.

The mod is called: Toddler Mentoring Fix

Message 8 of 16 (5,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DolphinSSA None of my sims will play together (toddlers, kids, adults and all combinations), but they can both "play dolls" by themselves at the same time...
Message 9 of 16 (5,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@JustineBo23 DizzyDee-K, on the post above yours, presented a solution that worked well in my game. Sims can play dolls together, and can use the blocks to "teach shapes to toddlers" or to "teach toddlers to build tower" again.

Message 10 of 16 (5,537 Views)