Re: Platforms auto raise when I add walls

by SennaWales

Original Post

Platforms auto raise when I add walls

★ Novice

Whenever I try to add walls or fences to a room where I’ve adjusted the platform height, every time I enclose a new space the floor height automatically changes. This ends up deleting all my doors and sometimes windows. Platform heights should never change automatically; only when the player manually changes them. Please help, as this is rather annoying when trying to build or renovate spaces.

Message 11 of 51 (2,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@watksamaLet me know if I understand this right. You first place a platform and adjust the height to the required level then you add some walls and place doors in these walls and at the end you enclose the space by adding the walls; thus creating a room?

What will happen when you first create an enclosed room and then place a platform in this room? Do yo still see the same effect of losing doors and windows?

As far as I know, all rooms, terraces and platforms form an integral part of a building. So when you finish the enclosure, it starts to count as a whole.

I.e. it means that you can only adjust the platform height by adding another platform on top of it. As soon as you try to adjust the height of a single platform by using the height slider, everything in the house will go up or down. As soon as you see red lines it means that you are trying to combine different structures on your lot with incompatible heights.

When something else seem to happen when you build, could you give us an example by adding a screenshot of the situation.

Thanks in advance.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 12 of 51 (2,883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you checked if turning on bb.moveobjects helps? It seems that platforms are treated as separate rooms, so if 2 rooms are combined into one, then they will become one room.

Message 13 of 51 (2,872 Views)

Building walls raises platforms

★ Apprentice

I don't know for sure if this is an issue but it certainly seems like it. When I have a house (enclosed by walls as usual) that is using platforms, if build interior walls that enclose a room, the platform raises about 5 levels automatically. This doesn't make sense that this should happen. 

Message 14 of 51 (3,135 Views)

Re: Building walls raises platforms

Champion

@sne888 I was hoping to be of some assistance, but when I tried to reproduce my understanding of what you describe I don't see the issue... but I'm not sure I am truly understanding what's going on in your game. Would it be possible to have you put the walls up and angle the camera so I can still see the interior, then screenshot the area before and after the issue occurs? It also help to add a few ceiling lights to clarify the interior? Thank you so much!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 51 (3,108 Views)

★ Apprentice

See new screenshots. The moment the wall is closed the platform height raises to double what it should be. In these shots, we're looking at the second floor. Notice the stairs in the first image. There are 4 stairs. In the second image, the wall is closed and now there are 8 stairs. 

Message 16 of 51 (3,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sne888 Thank you for the great new screenshots (perfect!). Nice job of showing the detail for my sore eyes Wink . You may well have found a glitch that is fairly specific to your dynamics. Would it be possible for you to save a copy of your home to your library in the state it's at (in case you make a bug report and it may be wanted to demonstrate) - and before the wall is connected, as in your first screenshot here on this last comment... and possibly then also share that lot to the gallery so I could test it in my game? You could name it something like "platform and room test". Then please add a comment in this thread to let me know the name, and please let me know if your User ID in the gallery is different than it is here in the forum.

Message 17 of 51 (3,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

Done. Saved as "Platform and Room Test". The only custom content in this lot are the floor tiles outside.

Message 18 of 51 (3,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sne888 Thank you for sharing the lot. I was able to download and place the lot.

As an aside note, I did notice an interesting thing that may have relevance. On the top floor I see that the ceiling was deleted from two large areas, which include the area you're seeing the issue in in your game. Is it possible that those areas contain custom content that you were not aware of?
top floor.jpg

Anyway... 

When I extend the wall I do not see the issue occurring in my game (where the platform and stairs raise, etc.):

extend wall.jpgdone.jpg

So... I think it would be good to troubleshoot to see if your CC (or Mod(s)?) may be causing the issue. CC &/or Mods that are not on the lot, and sometimes that have been removed but have left cache in the game, can affect your game in ways that may or may not make sense. Please do the following exactly as stated, even if you did any of it before:

Spoiler
Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then place the home in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can try the 50/50 Method.

Please let me know how this goes. Thanks!

Message 19 of 51 (3,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sheri, First off, thank you for taking the time to help with this. 

The ceiling/roof does not have any custom content or mods. It was closed but I think with all the shifting in platforms it might have gotten messed up. I've done exactly what you said to do and the problem STILL exists. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the lot. So I tried putting the house in the same lot you did and it's still happening. I've also noticed that I can't put doors in those rooms. Between the rooms, yes. On the wall to enter the rooms, no. I get an error that says "Can't intersect walls". 

I have this issue with most houses I make. Even when it is simple.

Message 20 of 51 (3,033 Views)