[FIXED] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by obi-kenobi-stan

Original Post

Re: Plants disappearing after fertilization

[ Edited ]
Champion

@malswartz Do you have the Seasons pack? When a plant is out of season it will revert to a pile of dirt. Please hover over the plants and check their season and compare to the current season in that game. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 478 (15,063 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bushes shrink after harvesting

★ Guide
@obi-kenobi-stan I have seen some of my plants turn into tiny nubs after harvesting, and now after weeding an entire apple tree and a herb bush turned back into dirt mounds. Definitely something going on with the plants since the 6/3 patch.
Message 22 of 478 (15,039 Views)

Plant is turning into half harvestable

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. I’ll be adding eco living tomorrow
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow a plant in the square planter box and harvest it
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant turns into a half harvestable but has the functions of a fully developed plant
What do you expect to see? Non-sentient plants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After yesterday’s update and not fixed in today’s patch

This is the photo of the bug

Message 23 of 478 (15,040 Views)

Plants Glitching

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 03.153
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (aside from Eco-Living)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gardening in the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants keep resetting themselves to the sprout stage or have the seed of a plant just lying in the pot when it’s already been planted. They will randomly grow and can be harvested or keep resetting before they can be harvested at all. Doesn’t matter if the plant is in season or sheltered - all of them keep doing this.
What do you expect to see? Plants growing like normal and not resetting to their sprout stage over and over again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2020 Patch with ladders.

I love the gardening feature and this bug is quickly making it impossible to do! 

Message 24 of 478 (15,087 Views)

Re: Plants Glitching

★★★ Newbie
@summerbnik I am also having this issue. I am on PC, have no mods installed, and updated the game today.
Message 25 of 478 (15,044 Views)

Re: Plants Glitching

★ Apprentice

Same, I am on Mac and the house I played yesterday had all their plants in a greenhouse fully grown and now since the June 2020 update they are all at random growth stages one coconut plant fully grown all 5 of the others no growth just dirt mound, one pineapple fully grown three half grown and two no growth, taro plants one fully grown and other three no growth. It is Summer in my game and all these are summer plants (taro, pineapple and coconuts), not that it should matter being in a greenhouse. No Mods.

Message 26 of 478 (15,017 Views)

Re: Plant is turning into half harvestable

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cassiopeiasims @summerbnik

Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 478 (15,003 Views)

Sage Harvestable Bug

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? Emergency Eco Lifestyles Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow a sage plant
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever you harvest the sage, it reverts back to the appearance of a "seed/harvestable" laying on the ground.
What do you expect to see? A plant staying a plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The eco lifestyles update

Whenever you harvest the sage, it reverts back to the appearance of a "seed/harvestable" laying on the ground. You can use the gardening cheat and click on it and revert it back to a blossoming plant even though it's appearance looks like a seed/harvestable laying on the ground.

Message 28 of 478 (14,960 Views)

Re: Sage Harvestable Bug

Hero
@Annie_Oakleaves Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 478 (14,943 Views)

Picking Sage or Basil the plant looks as though it were not planted

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, pets, parenthood, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Picking sage or basil bush results in them looking not planted.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim picks the plants and they look as if they were not planted.
What do you expect to see? To see them look planted and grown in as a bush
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Regular update

I've attached a screenshot of the bug after it being picked

Message 30 of 478 (14,903 Views)