Re: Plants becoming stuck after randomly becoming mounds or not planted

by Neutrobyte

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

@Yaanika 

The problem with Basil/Sage is a different problem than what this thread is about. They have their OWN bug, separate from what's happening to all the other plants.

After harvesting, Basil and Sage revert to a "seed" object sitting on the ground, instead of the normal plant. They still act normally, it's only a visual bug.

This thread is about all OTHER plants reverting to dirt piles like they were just planted. This bug isn't just "visual".

Message 441 of 478 (1,209 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Psychotps This thread is very much about basil and sage, go read on the first page.

Also, if basil and sage are the reason to all these other plant-problems, as @cikafitz’s testing suggested on the previous page, then basil and sage are very important to this thread as a whole. A workaround MAY be to not plant basil and sage to keep the other plants normal.
Message 442 of 478 (1,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PsychotpsI’m aware of that, and my point isn’t about the basil and sage effect. My observation is that the ‘just planted’ dirt piles aren’t currently happening without those two planted on the lot. Which as I said could be just because it’s a fairly new game, just over a Sim year, and it simply hasn’t happened yet, but it struck me as odd, as usually the dirt pile effect happens frequently when plants need weeding, or as they’re being weeded.

Message 443 of 478 (1,177 Views)

★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd I can say for a fact that when I first noticed, reported and had my issues merged into this thread, my main Lot wasn't growing any sage or basil. I then started growing it in order to see if their symptoms would take place or have an effect upon my existing bugs. They did appear, but changed nothing, so the overall garden issues aren't caused exclusively by Sage and Basil. I can't check anymore of course, as I've now uninstalled TS4, unsurprisingly. I've continued monitoring this feed (for over 20 pages) so as to be around when (maybe) the bugs get resolved.
Message 444 of 478 (1,165 Views)

★ Guide
@Neutrobyte Oh well, I can’t say I was very hopeful, it did seem unlikely. Clutching at straws at this stage!
Message 445 of 478 (1,159 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★ Apprentice

My plants are fine first for days, but then out of nowhere after harvesting them they go back to the just planted stage. No matter if they're in the ground or in garden pots. It's really frustrating. 

Message 446 of 478 (1,149 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I've read ALL the pages. They are different bugs, regardless of what's written.  I've tested this to an extreme extent, if YOU've read the thread, you should already know this.

The bug for the basil/sage I've already solved. I already have a mod that fixes it.  EA just needs to do the same, which they likely won't. Why would they spend money and resources fixing something that a player already has?

The other bug though is MUCH more difficult.  It's NOT tied to the basil/sage bug as it happens whether you have those plants or not.

It happens when you weed, but also when you dont.

It happens when you water, but also when you dont.

It happens when you harvest, but also when you dont...

There is nothing solid that causes it to happen. Sometimes it will happen instantly when you do something, sometimes it happens all on its own. I've gone sim YEARS without it ever happening once. Gone entire playthroughs without it happening once. Others, it will happen all the time. I've saved the game, had it happen, re-loaded the game and then it wouldn't happen. It's totally random. Whether you have gardening skills or not, whether you have gardening traits or not...

The Basil/Sage bug is completely solid.  It will happen 100% of the time, every time.  If a basil or sage plant grows to maturity, spawns harvestables, and is then harvested, the plant will visually revert to a seed.  The next day, when it spawns harvestables, it will return to it's normal image until you harvest it again. The plants have a bad visual object. I just set the tuning file to change basil and sage from the bad object it visually reverts to, to a good one and BAM. Fixed.

The other bug isn't a visual problem. The object is actually reverting to a "just planted" state. And I don't know why or how.

Message 447 of 478 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Guide
I only have 9 plants in my current greenhouse (they came with the house I downloaded from the gallery). The season changed just now from summer to fall, and at the same time 3 of the plants (all spliced and perfect quality) went back to being dirt piles.

I don't know if the change of season had anything to do with it, but the plants haven't been interacted with yet this day, since my sim just woke up. They have been tended and harvested more or less every day for 2 seasons.

It just seems totally random, I can't see a pattern. The plants reverting at season change might be a coinsidence. I've had plants reverting at the start of the NAP voting period, might also be a coinsidence. I have greenhouses with 60+ plants reverting, some grow back, then revert, just for different plants to revert/grow back eventually. Its very frustrating and makes me not want to play the game anymore.
Message 448 of 478 (1,115 Views)

★★ Guide
@Kathykins I have played a family with many plants at the weekend and was able to save every single plant although I have this bug in my game as well. For me it has turned out that 7am is a critical time. I think they are ready to harvest then or something like that. Sometimes at 7am all of my plants became dirt piles, sometimes only a few plants. After that happend I quit the game (haven't delete the cach, because one time I have done it I haven't been able to harvest them anymore), loaded again, waited until 7am: most of the time it has worked! Before I have done anything with the plants I‘d saved the game (save as). If something has gone wrong: quit – reload. The only exception: mushrooms, there are always small after harvesting. I wasn't able to avoid this.
This was a very stressful experience. I don’t want to play that way again! Sorry, but this game is just a waste of time, energy and money (in the current state). Every pre-patch the same calamity! I’m so sick of it. I want a patch that fix my game without the things that prepare the game for a new pack, because it destroyes the game every time. It is so ridiculous.
Message 449 of 478 (1,077 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue. For the most part it's whatever. But I miss my huge cowplant. Now it's just a tiny little thing even though it's fully grown, and at one point it was a big ole guy.

Message 450 of 478 (1,032 Views)