Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Neutrobyte

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Raynn0124 Sometimes I've noticed plants turn into dirt piles in the time it took me to scroll away from them and back again (not deliberately, I play in a window and have noticed it several times), just thought I'd mention it in case it also happens on your game.
Message 311 of 478 (1,158 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psychotps A Streamer/Youtuber(?) successfully influenced Patch Content, but over 300 posts relating to an almost 2 month old mistake (by the Dev/Support Team) is still sitting "somewhere" on their To-Do List? Lovely...
Message 312 of 478 (1,151 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm glad I found this post.  For the last month I couldn't figure out why all my plants reset every-other season.  Most of them are sheltered by-the-way.  Now I know there really is an issue/bug.

Message 313 of 478 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Neutrobyte I tend to scroll around or switch floors a lot, so that happens to me a lot.  The greenhouse will be fine when I sell in the morning, then later when it's off-screen, it'll collapse.  It makes it frustrating to try to figure out the exact cause.  It hasn't been happening quite as much lately for me though (thank goodness).  I also haven't been playing my Evergreen Harbour house as much, and the Eco Footprint in other neighbourhoods seems a bit more stable, which makes me suspect a connection with one of those things.

Message 314 of 478 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide
@Raynn0124 Yeah I suspect it's the worst in Evergreen.
Message 315 of 478 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's spring and my dragon fruits are bearing fruit. I've done a lot of building and buying, everything's been fine except a plasma tree reverted to a pile of dirt and the cow plant is a tiny one but requires feeding. I think Psychotps mod is helping fix my gardening progressively but will see when it's winter again. 

Don't have the pre-nifty knitting patch. 

Message 316 of 478 (1,043 Views)

★ Novice

Please fix this. A lot of work went into getting my garden growing and over 50% of my plants have disappeared. This makes the gardening in Sims even more frustrating, and god knows it's clunky enough

Message 317 of 478 (945 Views)

★★ Guide

I just had 99% of my garden revert to dirt piles right before my eyes as my sim was watering the plants. Every single plant (about ~40 plants) save one went from fully grown to dirt piles. I am extremely frustrated and tired of this bug, because it makes gardening a real pain. Usually it's just 1-4 plants going dirt pile randomly, which requires going to manage worlds to get it to restart growing all over again, but this time it wiped nearly everything out just before my sim harvested, and before my sim was even done tending the garden. Please fix this bug ASAP!

Message 318 of 478 (867 Views)

★ Guide

Disappointing that this wasn't addressed at all in the latest patch.

I've been trying to work out a pattern to the return to 'just planted'. So far, it seems it mostly happens after weeding and sometimes after fertilizing. I've also had it happen after lightning in a thunder storm and several times, while I was watching, all my plants in a greenhouse reverted to just planted for no apparent reason. It's very hard for me as a player to work out exactly when it happens because other than the two herbs that return to seeds, it doesn't seem to be the happen every time you weed or fertilise to every plant. Something seems to set it off then there's a domino effect and they all join in.

The only thing that doesn't affect them is harvesting, so make sure you have to remember do that before you do any other gardening!

It doesn't seem to affect evolving, which is small relief.

Message 319 of 478 (828 Views)

★ Apprentice

My plants appear to turn back into collectibles on the ground immediately after harvesting. Additionally, I had a community garden that had perfect wuality green peas in it. Those are now gone entirely, no idea where they went. All my other plants are there but most of them are at the "just planted" phase. All plants are in greenhouses. I can still interact with some of them as if they're fully grown, but others I cannot harvest at all.

Message 320 of 478 (751 Views)