Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★ Apprentice

I’ve been having the same problem on the p4 version

Message 141 of 478 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Wanted to list my experience with this phenomena, now that I feel I might have additional info. It's important to note that I am playing with just the Base Game and Eco Lifestyle - no other packs / no mods/cc - never used.

In my game, the sage and basil plants have been the only ones affected. After harvesting, both types of plants will appear to be a harvestable on the ground, but all the options for tending the plants or taking cuttings remains. It's just a visual bug - the next morning, they grow back and look appropriate. I was able to take a cutting from the basil (looking like a harvestable) and graft it to the sage (looking like a harvestable). Once the grafting was complete, the plant changed visually into the newly-grafted plant look (same quality, but needed a day to grow and produce harvestables).

None of these are perfect plants, they were all planted either from gathering harvestables or from seed packets. None of them existed beforehand, and I don't have all species or grafting combinations in this new save. I can weed / water / tend garden on anything that reverts to a harvestable, as if it's a plant. I  I have not experienced any random quality changes on plants, other than the EL changes that happen when you enact different NAPs or increase an area's eco score to green. It's been like this for me from the beginning - basically a visual bug that does not change any interactions. It's annoying, but manageable.

The issue I wanted to report is this: I have been fertilizing each individual plant with a different item as a fertilizer. Fertilize, wait for the animation to complete, move to the next plant, fertilize, etc. This works fine, and everything is the same as above. I could fertilize before or after harvesting, the sage and basil plants fertilize appropriately regardless if they've been harvested or not.

However, when I paused the game and queued up the fertilize actions to fertilize 7 plants in a row (before harvesting), every single plant in the queue reverted to a dirt pile. I also had not harvested these plants yet, but they all lost the option to harvest. The interactions listed were as if they were just newly planted, and since I had already tended garden, I didn't have any choices to other than view or talk to plant. I exited without saving and then regretted it since I have been unable to replicate the phenomena again. 

So, I believe some things that people are experiencing may be related to additional features of Seasons, and there may be a difference in the way you fertilize (pause & queue vs each individual plant). I'll be smarter the next time and save a copy to see if I can reliably track down a way to replicate the 'mound of dirt' issue again.

Message 142 of 478 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice

The most irritating is when the bug happens with my cowplant, and after 4 simsdays it will NOT grow up again. A plant so rare and difficult to have. And I only have one. Lille koplante.jpg

Message 143 of 478 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Today is July 5th. I haven't plated Sim 4 for a month. When I opened the game after I updated it today, many of my plants turned into "seed imagine". One of my sim characters has lots of dragon fruits indoor, and all of them turned into "seed". 

I don't think the Sim producers really care about gardening stuffs. They don't put much effort on it, and what kind of dragon fruit grows like a leafy bush? They are cactuses! Now the glitch made my plants disappear, god knows when will they fix it.

Message 144 of 478 (908 Views)

★★ Pro

when I paused the game and queued up the fertilize actions to fertilize 7 plants in a row (before harvesting), every single plant in the queue reverted to a dirt pile. I also had not harvested these plants yet, but they all lost the option to harvest. The interactions listed were as if they were just newly planted, and since I had already tended garden, I didn't have any choices to other than view or talk to plant.

This is what I have the exactly same sign. Seasons is disabled in my game, so I don't have any shrunken plants. 

Message 145 of 478 (869 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, I do not have Seasons installed, issue exists with or without mods. Periodically all of the plants will disappear right before my eyes one by one returning to the "just planted" dirt pile.

If I click on them the only options are Tend Garden, Talk to Plant, and Fertilize. They will eventually grow back, but are not harvestable until they do.

The quality of each plant seems unaffected and stays at the quality the plant had before it reverted to a dirt pile.

Message 146 of 478 (847 Views)

Re: Where did my plants go?

★★ Novice

Mine seems to be ALL the herb plants. It also happens that my Cow plants go back to "growing mode" after they eat someone for a second time... Making it hard for me to keep them alive bc I can't see if the cake is out or not.

Message 147 of 478 (834 Views)

★★ Novice

I just said this on someone else's post too... My cow plant also disappears after eating someone for the second time. They always end up dying bc I can't see if the cake is out or not on it. It reverts to "growing mode" and I can't see what it's doing. I have to go into build mode to move it to get it back but then the animations don't work.

Message 148 of 478 (830 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict  Sorry to shout but is this the thread for the issue where plants "turn back" to dirt mounds unexpectedly?

Message 149 of 478 (663 Views)

Hero
@adduapina Yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 150 of 478 (602 Views)