Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by lamebabe

Original Post

cowplant

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.1136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the basic game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know, it just happened once to me
What happens when the bug occurs? Just saw my cowplant was alive again
What do you expect to see? Well, a skeleton :-)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had two cowplants in my house, well, skeletonplants. And a few days ago they were both alive again. I did nothiing to the plants, they just 'stood there'.

Message 131 of 478 (1,211 Views)

Re: cowplant

Hero
@KeesMonsMonedula I merging your post with the main plants turning into harvestables/shrink. Someone else in here reported the same as you and it's possible that happens with dead cow plants.

If this issue gets fixed in a patch and you're still having issues, just post again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 132 of 478 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's not dead, I swear. It still interacts (well, the drool shadow does) either to play, be petted, or even to eat. Something is just WRONG with plants since Eco Lifestyle came out.

Message 133 of 478 (1,144 Views)

★ Guide

My issue is exactly like the mentioned ones about taking them out of their inventory or the fridge and planting them and having them disappear after being planted, but it's also a bit different.
The different part is that when I use the planter box from Eco Life some of the plants don't want to line up with it correctly and they disappear. 
I have also see the shrunken plants but just one has done this to me. Sage I think.

Another issue is that the sim that I have replanting everything for the springtime will plant one thing then go plant the "missing" one move on to another plant then return to the same "missing" one over and over until I cancel it.

I have also experienced the issue with trees reverting back to the planted stage one time, but I just clicked on them and set their stage back to mature. It hasn't occurred a second time.

Also, my bees are constantly enraged. No matter what I do they get enraged. I calm them down then a day or so later they're enraged again. Most of them are at full relationship with my gardener sim.
I gave up on using the flower arranging table to make crocus scented plants because they wilt so fast.

Message 134 of 478 (1,096 Views)

★★ Pro

I found a new thing today.

15.jpg

Recently, I haven't had any problem with my all plants. But when my sim fertilized the plants with fishes, it went back to the soil status straightaway. She fertilized 3 plants and all of them now looks like soils. Not sure other simmers could be the same though. Anyway, I better make them mature using cheat until the official fix comes out.

Message 135 of 478 (1,060 Views)

Re: Where did my plants go?

★★★★★ Novice
@FieryFaeFolk My cowplant has just done the same thing. I'm really peeved! I can't find how to fix it.
Message 136 of 478 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Edit to my previous response/test, (See comment #33) :
I was just doing a different grafting test on another lot (right across the street from that lot/save), also involving sheltered plants. On this lot I did not see any of the plants reverting to a dirt pile or deleting. The grafting and re-growth behaved as normal aside from the Bird of Paradise shoot not showing up in inventory, and the plant spliced into sage doing the weird 'tiny plant with the tan area at the base thing:
Carrot grafted into Sage:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.05.06 PM.png
The other plants that I grafted into grew as normal:
Lemon & Pear grafted into Pomegranate:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.10.41 PM.png
Chrysanthemum & Lily grafted into Snowdrop:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.11.15 PM.png

So.... bottom line is that my initial results must have been triggered by some other factors like the greenhouse involving plants in a sunken room planted directly into the ground or some other factor. In both cases/lots there were bee hives in the areas (the greenhouse and indoor room on the second lot).

New Edit: I just revisited this lot in winter, and I found several of the plants (all in the house) are now piles of dirt. and many of the pile of dirt plants are actually in season - winter seasonal plants! Note that last time I was on the lot for this current comment none of the plants were dirt piles, and these are indoor - in the home)
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 11.36.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 11.36.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-18 at 11.35.16 PM.png

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 137 of 478 (974 Views)

★★ Pro
@SheriGR I've seen other simmer's sheltered garden and all plants were the spliced status. All the plants were grafted onto Sages and all the plants looked like baby plants. The simmer has Seasons installed. It's not installed in my game.

In my game, I don't have any spliced ones but suddenly the plants go back to dirt pile as you mentioned. But if my sim do only tend garden, then they are ok. If my sims do harvest and fertilize the plants, they just turned into dirt piles in a few hours time or even straightaway. Now I'm not harvesting anything from the plants. The main thing is that it doesn't happen to all plants. It happens RANDOMLY. Some plants are fine with fertilizing and harvesting. I have no clue what causes this bug.
Message 138 of 478 (935 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I'm experiencing a similar thing, but instead of shrinking, they revert back to their little dirt piles, as if they were just planted. 

I've noticed this happening usually after watering plants, but sometimes just interacting with them in general. There have been cases where I've reloaded the lot and everything is just reverted back to dirt piles?

(also, unsure if this is related to the same bug, but the plants have also been randomly bouncing around in quality? they've been jumping from excellent, to perfect, back to normal quality...)

Message 139 of 478 (891 Views)

★ Apprentice
@obi-kenobi-stan I’ve been having the same problem but I have also seen my plants go back to when it first got planted and I have to wait for the plant to grow back I play on P4
Message 140 of 478 (866 Views)