Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Anicca-Shunyata

Original Post

Re: Plants fall back in ungrown state.

Hero
@rottenmeier I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 478 (23,505 Views)

★ Guide

The plants in my save aren't reverting to ungrown, but they're reverting to just-planted & it seems like this thread is for both issues?

One of my sims fertilized a sheltered lily plant that was ready to harvest. It de-matured & the harvestables were lost. It could not be evolved (despite the hover info saying it needed it), & was missing most interactions. Shift-clicking & setting it to blossoming state returned it to it's mature state without harvestables.

The cowplant had no trigger - she was just suddenly only a pair of horns poking out of the ground but with all her normal interactions available when clicked. Shift-click gardening state does not restore the cowplant.

(All packs, patched to current, no cc/mods)

Message 92 of 478 (23,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ok. some more detail,  or better another variant of the plant problem.

while avocado and cowplant just turned to previous stage of growth randomly, (and the avocado did not grow for some amount of time at all randomly ), i have some problem with sheltered/covered by roof plants as well.

the roses were growing sheltered in summer, when it turned autumn/fall  they turned into fresh planted stage and did not grow for several days.

i tried to move them in build mode and maybe it will reset them. don't know if that did anything. idk

Message 93 of 478 (23,459 Views)

My plants keep disappearing.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow plants and look after them for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? My plants eventually disappear. There is a mound as if the plant has just been planted, but there is no plant available. No options to take cutting or graft, but the invisible plant will still grow weeds and gets flies.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see plants not disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Only the most recently planted seem to stay.  everything else disappears.

Message 94 of 478 (23,455 Views)

Re: My plants keep disappearing.

★★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this exact same problem.  All my plants are sheltered, but when Tending the garden, the plants (randomly, it seems) will revert to the newly  planted state, and will need to regrow before anything can be done.  There is no rhyme nor reason for which plants are chosen, but it happens every 2-3 times that I 'Tend Garden".

I do use several Mods and CC, but none that affect gardening.

This started, as far as I can tell, after the Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack and/or related patch(es) were released.

Game version is also 1.63.136.1010

Message 95 of 478 (23,423 Views)

Re: My plants keep disappearing.

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing both plants reverting back to the newly planted state and also I can't plant any new plants on the new grass terrain (I was able to the other day). Turned off mods, plants planted just fine on actual grass (in Willow Creek) but has issues in Port Promise in Evergreen Harbor.

Message 96 of 478 (23,416 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Further observation has confirmed what someone mentioned earlier in this thread: one of the triggers seems to be a plant reaching max harvestables.  It seems to help to harvest every day (except for Basil & Sage - but I grabbed the mod posted earlier in this thread to help with that).

Message 97 of 478 (23,415 Views)

Plants keep starting over

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, making magic, backyard stuff, get to work, city life
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ??
What happens when the bug occurs? My garden plants keep starting over as if I just planted them. They’ll grow, bear fruit and then the next day they’re all like they’ve just been planted. I’ve had them for awhile. Most of them are perfect or magnificent lvl
What do you expect to see? My plants not to keep reverting back to just being planted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My garden plants keep starting over as if I just planted them. They’ll grow, bear fruit and then the next day they’re all like they’ve just been planted. I’ve had them for awhile. Most of them are perfect or magnificent lvl. I don’t know if it’s because of the new update or because I moved my sims to a new house, they both happed roughly the same time

Message 98 of 478 (23,312 Views)

Super Sell Makes Cowplant Invisible

★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fully developed cowplant near harvestable plants. Use "super sell" interaction on one of those plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fully developed cowplant disappears when "super sell" is used near it. In its place we can see a cowplant in its early stage of development. We still can hear and interact with the now invisible fully developed cowplant.
What do you expect to see? The fully developed cowplant should not be affected by the "super sell" interaction. Remaining visible as a fully developed cowplant as it used to be the case.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

Super Sell Makes Cowplant Invisible

06-18-20_11-22-31 PM.png

Message 99 of 478 (23,311 Views)

Re: Super Sell Makes Cowplant Invisible

Hero
@DolphinSSA Guessing it's related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/td-p/9168505

Someone else reported a different oddness with the cowplant there as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 478 (23,273 Views)