Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by 83bienchen

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I also wanted to add a bit more with gardening and vanishing plants, but this is involving the Cowplant Berry.  My sim planted it, and as soon as they were finished the newly planted Cowplant Berry vanished.  But then my sim kept trying to plant the same item over and over again.  But there was nothing there for me to delete even with the move objects cheat turned on.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all packs, up to ECO.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to plant the Cowplant Berry
What happens when the bug occurs? After it is planted, it vanishes, but the sim will not stop trying to plant it over and over again.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a small newly planted Cowplantl
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started with the June 3, 2020 patch update

06-12-20_8-46-37 AM.png

06-12-20_8-46-49 AM.png

06-12-20_8-46-58 AM.png

Message 81 of 478 (2,172 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LaBlue0314 wrote:

I also wanted to add a bit more with gardening and vanishing plants, but this is involving the Cowplant Berry.  My sim planted it, and as soon as they were finished the newly planted Cowplant Berry vanished.  But then my sim kept trying to plant the same item over and over again.  But there was nothing there for me to delete even with the move objects cheat turned on.

I had this exact same issue yesterday. I ended up buying seed packets until I got another berry and planted it elsewhere; that one worked.

Then the next morning my gardener showed up to tend to my plants and I noticed that she bent over and started planting something exactly where I put the Cowplant berry the night before, and when she was done the planted berry appeared. Strange.

Message 82 of 478 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here is a video of it happening in my game:

Message 83 of 478 (2,106 Views)

★ Guide

There's a problem in the tuning files for both sage and basil. I've made a small mod to fix the error. Thought I'd post it here to help fixing the bug. The parts of the tuning files I corrected are marked with "MODDED" in order to be easily identified. I have not experienced the issue in my game since.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 84 of 478 (2,102 Views)

★★ Pro
@83bienchen Thanks Bienchen!
Message 85 of 478 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@83bienchen omg.. thank yoy vert much, I hope its work
Message 86 of 478 (2,066 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@83bienchen Thank you very much for this mod/fix! Wink
Message 87 of 478 (1,996 Views)

Plants fall back in ungrown state.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64bit)^
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP, a lot of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game
What happens when the bug occurs? plants grow back into a previous (sprouting?) state
What do you expect to see? grown up plants stay grown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. new patch, new EP

I had it before with one Avocado tree, which un-growed in a previous state while the others stayed as they were. (i also had the feeling that the first avocado tree stopped growing for some time, after i moved it in build mode it grow further)

now a grown up cowplant, fell back to a just planted state just before my eyes, while the interactions (feeding, hugging, talking) are still available. so no traveling lots involved there

btw:  the weird  dvelopement bug (all plants evlveing super fast without me doing anything) stopped and all plants dropped back to the first 'normal' stages of evolvement. idk if this is connected.

anyway, a lot of things are broken with the last patch and the EP.

Message 88 of 478 (1,958 Views)

Re: Plants fall back in ungrown state.

@rottenmeier This will probably be moved into the larger gardening issues thread, but this is happening to a lot of us. Watering seems to be a culprit for many of us.
Message 89 of 478 (1,931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since one of my ongoing goals is a garden with one of every harvestable (all 70) at Perfect level, I was able to gather/verify several data points relating to this issue. These notes are from 8 hours of devoted garden observation. All plants were Sheltered. No splicing. No plant-affecting mods used. Removed Bees to ensure they were not triggering any unexpected behaviors.

Due to this bug (and my impatience), I would use shift-click bring reverted plants back to 'Blossoming' stage as-needed. Bizarre Plant would show fruit immediately after this was done; other plants did not show harvestables until next morning at 5am.

Basil Bush & Sage Bush become harvestable on ground mesh with full gown interactions when harvested/sold; occurs every time.

Cowplant reverts to just planted mesh with full gown interactions every time Harvest All, sell All, or Super Sell is used nearby. Reset Object needed to restore without waiting.

Bizarre Plant reverts to just planted state each time lot is loaded (load game/travel), exiting CAS, and when Object Reset used.

The rest of the issues were more random:

Noticed several plants were reverting to just planted state as the fertilizer cooldown expired. To verify the cause: I paused to ensure Fertilize was not available, let time pass until each reverted, then after I reset growth to Blossoming verified that Fertilize was available. However, this did not happen every time the fertilize cooldown expired; only occurred once when it affected about a dozen plants.

Witnessed plants randomly revert to just planted state. Sometimes with no Sim interaction. Sometimes seemingly triggered by Harvest, Sell, or Fertilize activity. Reloaded a Save just before one of these events to see if the same plant would be affected the same time: it did not.

There was even one time where every plant reverted to just planted state at exactly the same time with no identifiable trigger. I reloaded the save and fast forwarded until it happened again Tues at 7am. I captured screenshots just before and after (attached). Could not reproduce it a third time, even reloading the same save.

Evolve system seems to work as expected for me. Did not notice any evolve stages lost and no plants reverted when Evolve used.

Message 90 of 478 (1,942 Views)