Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by troshalom

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@obi-kenobi-stan It's happening with all the plants and trees in my greenhouse, too. Especially frustrating because I've worked hard to get them all evolved to the top state and now they show as Nice plus I'm trying to make money from a career in fizzing and my plants keep disappearing before I can collect any harvestables.
Message 71 of 478 (3,418 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have between 40 and 50 plants in my current greenhouse, most of which have been moved from Evergreen Harbor to Sulani (Mua Pel'am). All the plants are sheltered, and automatically watered every morning with sprinklers. They have not needed weeding or bug spraying at all, after the move.

A day or so after placing them in the greenhouse, I noticed all but a handful of them didn't grow. They stayed in the "newly planted" state. And they have stayed that way for several sim weeks now. Suddenly one day, the few that did grow were reverted back to dirt pile, and other plants had grown. And the weirdest thing? They are basically ALL perfect. They were NOT perfect at the time of the move, and I've maybe evolved 5 of them, and that was up to "nice" or something. Far from perfect.

I have harvested the few grown plants a little while ago, they stayed mature, so that's at least good.
Message 72 of 478 (3,399 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@obi-kenobi-stan First all my full grown fully evolved trees disappeared, then some of the plants, but not all. I could still harvest a few. Today, all the plants, but not the trees reappeared and were ready for harvest. I clicked harvest all and as soon as my Sim walked into the greenhouse, they all disappeared. And she had the nerve to give me that "whadya crazy?" attitude they give you when you ask them to do something that they can't do. Frustrating.
Message 73 of 478 (3,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is happening in one of my saves too. I first noticed it this week after the second small patch, when my mature Cowplant suddenly shrunk. The sims can see and interact with the cowplant, but it is still small.

2020-06-10_4-16-21.png

Then yesterday after a sim weeded many of the mature plants that were ready for harvest reverted to mounds. I had to exit without saving to see the plants in the first state.

2020-06-10_4-16-09.png

This was the state of the garden before the plants reverted

2020-06-10_4-17-56.png

Video of a Sim feeding/playing with cowplant

Gardening, fishing, collecting and building are the activities I enjoy most in the game and what I do to de-stress, especially with the pandemic and protests going in. Please prioritize this problem thanks.

Message 74 of 478 (3,350 Views)

Re: Plants disappearing after fertilization

★ Guide

It happens at money tree which is all year plant. So it's season irrelated.

Message 75 of 478 (3,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sigh. This is yet another bug with the new patch that is seriously affecting my gameplay. 

My plants keep returning to a dirt pile despite being in season/excellent+ quality. 

I hope EA finds a solution to this one soon.

Message 76 of 478 (3,304 Views)

Plants turning into seeds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a seed and then harvest or water it. Seems to happen in vertical planter and on the ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? After watering or harvesting a plant it will appear like a seed. Still has plant options though. Seems to mainly happen to plants which are not in season. I am also unable to move the ‘seed plant’.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plant to look like a plant not a seed and be able to move it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing eco lifestyle.

One can still interact with the ‘seed plant’ but it’s just irritating to look at.2A88E1C8-EF28-4BCD-9806-8E3E8AD69942.jpeg

Message 77 of 478 (3,309 Views)

★ Pro

Fully grown Cowplant

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.11.05 PM.jpg

Message 78 of 478 (3,266 Views)

★ Apprentice

Only happens to sage plants for me. They return to regular plants if there's sage to be harvested but once you harvest they shrink.

Message 79 of 478 (3,231 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seeing exactly the same on both Mac and PC (different saves). Any change in state of the plants (weeding, watering, harvesting) makes them revert to the "just planted" dirt pile.

I have seen bugs in the "state" of several plants. The Growfruit tree as a pile of dirt but the glow animation still playing in empty air. The same with bugs, flying around where an Apple tree should be - you can select them and "Spray for Bugs" but there is no tree.

Message 80 of 478 (3,183 Views)