Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Have experienced similar things.
Had the same thing happen with a full grown cowplant and it caused an LE in game.

Message 61 of 478 (4,586 Views)

*sigh* My garden is a mess right now. Sage and basil revert to seed form and strawberry, spinach, bell pepper, and snapdragon are messing with my head - they grow, grow harvestables, then disappear into dirt piles. No one even needs to touch them for them to randomly disappear - and whether or not they grow back is a crapshoot. My bees are constantly unhappy and barely giving me honey...EA, what did you do?!

Anyway, here's a save file, maybe it will help.

Message 62 of 478 (4,642 Views)

Issue with garden in Eco Life

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a large garden and wait ^^.
What happens when the bug occurs? The garden often resets and somtimes stop grow regardless of the current season, whether the plants are in season or not.
What do you expect to see? The garden grow normaly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

The garden often resets and somtimes stop grow regardless of the current season, whether the plants are in season or not.

Message 63 of 478 (4,652 Views)

Plants revert seed stage from full blossoming

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game Packs, 2/3 of the Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By gardening and waiting around, the bug usually occurs at 8AM or 9AM (Sim time).
What happens when the bug occurs? Some plants go from fully grown and ready to harvest, to going back to seed stage
What do you expect to see? Plants staying at the stage they are and not reverting to seed stage when fully grown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed the problem after installing Eco Lifestyle. I wasn't previously playing any gardening, so it may as well be because of the June 3rd patch.

So, a lot of bugs with gardening after the June 3rd and/or Eco Lifestyle patch, but I'll just report this one.

Some of my plants revert to a seed stage. It happens to both plants that are in the vertical garden, plant pots and garden planters. Which plants it is seems to be random.
It's really annoying, because some plants take ages to grow back. I can cheat it back to blossoming stage, but if I haven't harvested the plant before it reverts, I lose all that days harvestaples from said plant.

I'm playing in Evergreen Harbor Grims Quarry, and it seems to only happen when N.A.P. and Community Space voting is open. I have noticed it occurring some times at 8AM or 9AM, but also some times in the evening.
Repairing the game seems to fix it momentarily, but it always happens again.

Message 64 of 478 (4,635 Views)

Re: Plants revert seed stage from full blossoming

★★★★ Guide

This happened to me immediately after using fertilizer on two outdoor plants. They both shrunk from full grown to flat. Didn't happen with my indoor plants.

Message 65 of 478 (4,619 Views)

Re: Issue with garden in Eco Life

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue. It started after the Eco pack was installed. Some of my plants (not all of them) when harvested reverts to just having come up the ground. Others quality changed from being perfect quality to worse quality. The new gardens you can make up a wall has the problem that if you move the plant from a normal planter to the wall planter it makes the quality worse and sometimes my Sim refuses to interact with them. With the normal planters you can develop (not sure if that's the right word since I'm not playing in English) the plant into a better version without the Sim actually having to go to them and doing it. You have to do that with the planters on the wall and sometimes the Sim just skips over the action so it doesn't become better quality.

I have two households with this problem: my main (who has existed for a while) and the one I made to test out the Eco update.

I have never had any mods installed.

Message 66 of 478 (4,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I've got this with just a Basil plant so far, but I just moved into this lot, so the garden is still a work-in-progress.

ETA: The bug has now spread to my Sage plant.

Message 67 of 478 (4,605 Views)

★★ Guide

I just noticed this happen this week! It was just one basil plant--it looked like a harvestable, but when you hovered over it it said "basil plant," and couldn't be put in my inventory like a usual seed/harvestable.

Message 68 of 478 (4,569 Views)

Re: Cowplant Ghost

★★★★ Expert

@TemporalNix  Thank you for that bug report, it was fun to read and to test.

In a folder and save created for the patch and pack I planted a cowplant in summer and grew it till it was fully grown. Waited for fall. Enclosed it to prevent sims feeding it. The cowplant turned to a dirt pile on the second day of fall, with the sprouted horns; and later that same day to a small cowplant, in the growing state, still with the sprout underneath. My sims had not interracted with it that day. The cowbell and the moohooing was still audible. The sims could pet and play with it and feed it, all the animations, including the drool, are there, but not the cowplant itself. The cowplant never got the chance to die, but I think it might be irrelevant for this.

It sounds similar to the issues in this bug report, for plants visibly retreating to a previous state in the growing process; and that the issue is expressed this way because of the nature of the cowplant gameplay. Reading the thread I found posts describing the cowplant issue you have got, se post #13, #52, #58, #60

Could you read and click Me Too on the first post in the thread, please.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/td-...

If you play on, does the cowplant eventually return to its visibly fully grown state? 

Some pictures:

Reverted to sprout
full grown cowplant became sprout again.png

.. and then with a head

cowplant little head now, same day.png

Play with cowplant

play with cowplant2.png

Feed cowplant

feed cowplant 2.png

Message 69 of 478 (4,517 Views)

Re: Cowplant Ghost

Hero (Retired)

@TemporalNix @DonroaAkashu - I have merged your posts into the bug report for this issue. Please click Me Too on the first post

Message 70 of 478 (4,498 Views)