[OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

by EeyoreLover91

Original Post

Re: Plants playing dead

★ Guide

I am having same issue. Sim using wall planter from ECO living growing only 2 soybean plants in apartment. Also it takes a few days before plants will produce harvest. Not doing it every morning at 5 am as it has in past.

Message 41 of 108 (1,373 Views)

Re: Plants playing dead

★ Guide

also I do not use mods or CC. Playing on Windows 10 PC.

Message 42 of 108 (1,372 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. 
I have all the plants sheltered. They die, green clouds emitting around it, then when you leave/come back to the lot, they have reset to as if you've just planted it.
I have also barely touched them and they keep wanting to evolve. They're all around the "nice" condition after watering them once.

Dare say when I open the file again they have reverted back to as if I had just planted it.

Message 43 of 108 (1,330 Views)

It's happening to me too. Started all of a sudden today. Playing the 5th week of the game in sim-time (2nd winter). 

The problem only affects "Perfect" quality plants.

"Dispose of dead plant" does not appear as an option, so plant is probably not dead.

Sims do not seem bothered by the smell as they usually would with only a couple of smelly items around. And I have a lot of plants.

No harvestables so far, although it's only the second day of winter.

Update: Got to the next sim day, exited and re-entered game. 3 of the plants officially died and the "dispose of dead plant" option appeared. The others seem to have recovered, but no harvestables (yet); their Magnificent-quality neighbor plants, which never had the green cloud, do have harvestables on them.

Like another poster, plants in my garden have evolved quickly, including out-of-season plants, every couple of sim days. The lot has the "good soil" trait so perhaps that's the reason.

Message 44 of 108 (1,269 Views)

Update: On the following day, the bug recurs in the same manner- perfect plants died back, then regrew, now emitting green cloud. Seems to be a cycle.

Message 45 of 108 (1,237 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same exact problem, since yesterday and on different saves. I have all EP's and SP's, played with mods and without them, the problem is the same. I just don't get it, this is a HUGE problem for many many people in the community, yet nobody does nothing from the side of the developer's? All that i see, this problem is since summer known, yet nobody does nothing, they just collect save files from gamers, because i was reading back many post's and threads since yesterday. Honestly guys, in times what we have now for a while it is very disturbing that all what we have, is problems and problems and many more problems. And nope, i don't gonna send my save files to anyone. Please do something, not just sitting on problems and not working on them. Honestly, after i've spent a huge amount of money since years.. and not to mention everyone else, you have to correct the bugs and fixing the problems, that's all. I'm VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED... Teeth bared

Message 46 of 108 (1,148 Views)

★ Apprentice
@979kali979 How frustrating is it! I'm having so many issues. Between this and a huge glitch in eco living world. I'm over it and want my money back. At this stage I am just paying to have more bugs in my game.
Message 47 of 108 (1,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Parkerbell95  not only that, but i was very patient, since years. I just can't anymore. How long yet? This shows me exactly that this game when a new pack or ep is in making, not really gets tested. I still remember of the Sims 3, they left us with bugs and problems stand alone in the wind. And always and mostly everything is up to the modder community to help us. I'm so fed up with it. And quite apart from other things.

Message 48 of 108 (1,126 Views)

★ Apprentice
@979kali979 Yepp. I play on PS4 so I don't even have access to mods. It's a complete nightmare. I can't do anything to help
Message 49 of 108 (1,117 Views)

★ Guide

@Parkerbell95 wrote:
@979kali979Yepp. I play on PS4 so I don't even have access to mods. It's a complete nightmare. I can't do anything to help

Actually I've had this issue too, I found bit of a fix for it, but I don't know if you guys will find this fix useful for your games, this issue I think is linked to the Eco Footprint, I know this because I had this issue when I went from the Green Eco Footprint to Neutral, that's when my plants appeared to 'die' and started emitting the green mist, leaving or going into manage worlds mode kinda fixes it, but your plants have to grow all over again, this issue is avoidable if you keep your neighborhood in the Eco Green Footprint, although that's how it's worked for me.

Message 50 of 108 (1,084 Views)