[FIXED] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

by EeyoreLover91

Original Post

Re: Plants playing dead

★ Guide

Question to ladies/gentlemen which suffered from this issue: did, by any chance, any of your sims participated in Conservationist career then dropped it while bugged plants, well, became bugged?

Somewhere around October I did had similar issue where spray'able invasive species persisted after having nobody to spray them. Literally. Appearing of mentioned species proc'ed - the only Conservationist sim I had abandoned this career - species persisted (and, I believe, progress to next quality level froze - even having active bee box nearby didn't altered it in a week).

Message 11 of 109 (5,666 Views)

Re: Plants playing dead

★ Guide
@eustacecs Not me. They weren't a Conservationist. He was a bodybuilder.
Message 12 of 109 (5,647 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue in 2 of my save files now.
It doesn't affect all plants in the same garden. It affected some plants in the vertical bloomer thingies, some plants in normal planter pots, some trees growing outside...
First save file where it happened, plants are all "perfect" quality. Second save file the pants are newer, and they are 'nice' and 'excellent' quality.
The first save file where it happened was shortly before I bought Snowy Escape (which I bought the saturday after it was released), and I think after the update patch to the normal game. Second save file where it happened, started after Snowy Escape release. Happened in Willow Creek & Mt Komorebi.
Pc player. I got all packs installed except the Star Wars pack, no custom mods. And no sims in the conservationalist career either.
I have big gardens, and 1 beebox. Tend garden daily.

Message 13 of 109 (5,627 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same issue here, I planted some strawberries at the 5-3-1 Shirinyoku (Akiyama family) in Mt. Komorebi in a home made garden planter and after a couple of days some of them started to have green clouds, often in the morning. What a strange bug. The green clouds seems to go away and come back at random.

Message 14 of 109 (5,626 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here.

Message 15 of 109 (5,611 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

★★ Novice

Also having this issue! I'm on Mac and I have all the packs except Batuu and My First Pet.

It worked fine at first after the update -- my sim was in a Tiny Home on the Von-Windenberg lot. But when I demolished my tiny home and built a mansion, the problem started.

Message 16 of 109 (5,548 Views)

Plants Dying too Quickly

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When gardening in Windenburg. It hasn't happened to me in Sulani and I haven't tried it in other worlds yet.
What happens when the bug occurs? My plants are sort of dying within three to four game days after planting, despite tending to them every day. They get the green fog above them, but when I try to have my Sim throw it away, it says it's still alive, but it won't produce harvestables anymore. I can't get a plant to last longer than five-ish days before this happens and the plant is unusable, which only recently started happening.
What do you expect to see? Plants lasting longer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My plants are sort of dying within three to four game days after planting, despite tending to them every day. They get the green fog above them, but when I try to have my Sim throw it away, it says it's still alive, but it won't produce harvestables anymore. I can't get a plant to last longer than five-ish days before this happens and the plant is unusable, which only recently started happening.

Message 17 of 109 (5,548 Views)

Re: Plants Dying too Quickly

★ Guide

This literally just happened to me. I'm in Sulani and just watched my sole income go up in a green fog

Message 18 of 109 (5,539 Views)

Re: Plants Dying too Quickly

★ Guide

I find it difficult that this has anything to do with it, but it does appear the plants are evolving rather quickly.  Like, I had 50-60 bird of paradise plants and within three days they all evolved like three times.  Then shortly thereafter, they get the green fog.  It keeps happening.  I did leave a save file with that.  Is there any idea on what's causing it?  Has anyone in the group that checks save files done anything with that?  Updates are nice to see.

Message 19 of 109 (5,458 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem.  It has persisted across saves, with and without mods, and on various lots and with different families.  My plants will need no tending but will emit stink clouds.  Sometimes fertilizing helps them for a day or two and then the stink clouds return.  Three plants in my current save have died despite tending my garden every day.  I'm also seeing plants that can be evolved without sparkles and an much higher rate to evolve than I'm used to (every couple of sims days, regardless of if I've fertilized them.)  I have a beehive as well, which appears to be working as normal but doesn't seem to affect if plants get stinky or not.

Message 20 of 109 (5,440 Views)