Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

by peachelsea

Original Post

Re: Plants in my garden smell and either die or revert to Just Planted state

★★ Novice

I found a fix that works for me. You can use a mod to change the eco footprint of your lot and area to eco.

Then if you go into manage world and come back to your lot everything should be back to normal Standard smile

I don't usually post so not sure if I can advise of which mod but it's one that let's you interact with the UI and if you right click on the eco icon next to the temperature you can change it there Standard smile

Hope this helps until we get a patch! 

Message 61 of 108 (1,318 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JustJess92 Worked for me too. I am keeping my eco footprint green through cheats and it stopped happening. May I ask what mod you use?
Message 62 of 108 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for sharing!  I've been going crazy over this. I keep just using the cheats to destroy the plants & replanting them only for the green mist to appear after a few days. Gonna give this a try & cross my fingers we get a fix soon!

Message 63 of 108 (1,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue on ps4, i have all available extention packs.

it's annoying 😒 a bit this bug.

Message 64 of 108 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just want to say it's 2021 and this is still an issue. Please fix.

Message 65 of 108 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this with wild plants more often than my own households. 

The plants in Granite Falls have been all over the place. Dead, ready to harvest (but not giving my sims anything when they try to harvest), growing at odd rates.

Message 66 of 108 (1,040 Views)

★ Novice

I found it helpful to move my house to a different lot. 

Message 67 of 108 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if anyone else had this same issue, but I upgraded some toilets on the same lot for composting the previous sim day. I've never had this issue with the plants before and I also have never upgraded my toilets for composting either. I do have MC Command and some Kawaiistacie mods but that's the bulk of it. Just thought it was a weird coincidence.

Message 68 of 108 (982 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been waiting for this problem to be fixed.   Gardening is my main source of income and it's beyond annoying it hasn't been fixed yet.

Problem.  Green clouds appear.   Plants are still alive but there is no option to do anything with them.    Soon after the plants are dead.     I have to remove them and replant.    These are perfect level plants.   They are taken care of.  They don't need watering or weeding.   I also  have perfect level in season trees that look like they are just planted and not producing any fruit.   

Message 69 of 108 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

From what I can tell, this definitely seems to be related to the Eco Footprint and Evolved Plants. After noticing a pattern in my save, I decided to test it out.

I put strawberries in all of the possible garden types (raised, pot, and vertical) in spring and set the Eco Footprint to Neutral. I did not evolve the plants on this test. After letting it go a day without any issue, I changed the Eco Footprint to Green (no issues), then back to Neutral. The plants stayed the same and did not emit green clouds.

I then evolved each of the strawberry plants to Nice quality and changed the Eco Footprint to Green. After waiting some time and encountering no issues, I changed the Eco Footprint to Neutral. After some time, I noticed that the meter for the next evolution stage had regressed, and, at the same time, the plants began to emit the green clouds despite being alive and still "Nice" quality.

The Eco Footprint changing from Green to Neutral caused Evolved plants to regress in their evolution progress and emit a green cloud. This glitch does not affect un-evolved plants from what I can tell.

It may have been a complete coincidence, but this was the only consistent way to make it happen for me. Hopefully, this can be fixed soon!

Message 70 of 108 (928 Views)