Re: Plants not growing as should

by tiarron

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

★ Apprentice

That's really interesting, I will definitely have a look into that the next time I load up. I'll need to practice getting and keeping my neighbourhoods green 🙈

Message 51 of 109 (1,462 Views)

★ Apprentice
@HazeMan1990 Cheers mate ! I’ll see how I go with this.
Message 52 of 109 (1,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It just started happening to me today. My Sim has a pretty big garden and had some plants sheltered and some outside. Plants in both places are affected. Yes, leaving the lot or the game does temporarily "fix" them, but they go back to just planted state. It's kind of a bummer because the challenge I'm playing requires a number of perfect plants. Not to mention that gardening is one of my favorite things in the game. I also have a gardener and have the Good Soil lot trait. I'm going to test to see if firing the gardener (if I can actually fire him) and/or removing the lot trait does anything. My Sim also has Super Green Thumb and level 10 gardening.

Message 53 of 109 (1,415 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@HazeMan1990 this is exactly what happened to me! shed some light on the mystery. 😅 thanks!
Message 54 of 109 (1,403 Views)

Plants not growing as should

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure i can find these numbers? PC: 1.69.59.1020 - Origin v10.4.74-2494-cbc73331
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? sims 4, up all night, cats and dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, snowy escape, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, my first pet stuff, perfect patio stuff, tiny living, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it's in my back garden, of rippling flats in Newcrest.
What happens when the bug occurs? the plants keep resetting, and suddenly appearing, giving off a green haze, issues taking a cutting, harvesting.
What do you expect to see? plants growing as normal in the right season and being able to take cuttings, graft and harvest
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

unsure how to do

Message 55 of 109 (1,405 Views)

Re: Plants not growing as should

★★★★ Apprentice

It just happened to me after installing Snowy Escape!

Message 56 of 109 (1,329 Views)

★ Novice
  1. Yes, I own Seasons. The only packs I don't have is Get Famous and Snowy Escape.
  2. 64 x 64 garden
  3. All my plants are affected
  4. After 11th Nov patch.

All my plants are covered in a green mist - even the plants in the 'wild'. In the beginning you can still water them but no new fruit grow, then after a day of this they all die. I have restarted a few times now but to no avail. I am one generation into the Legacy challenge with a hard start. I really do need my plants for income. What can I do?

I have no mods.

Message 57 of 109 (1,293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue for a couple of months now. I've only ever had this with 'sheltered' plants. I couldn't find any mods to fix it and it's been kind of annoying deleting the plants because I can't dispose of them since they aren't technically dead plants, BUT I did figure out a way to "revive" them so they become useful again. I just put them all into my household inventory then replace them and they regrow and are fine again until it happens again. Only thing I've found that saves my plants.

Message 58 of 109 (1,239 Views)

Plants in my garden smell and either die or revert to Just Planted state

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except star wars: journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a plant
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants in my garden start randomly producing the smell effect, don't grow harvestables and then go back to "just planted" state or die.
What do you expect to see? Plants growing normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the game after it being uninstalled for a few months. This is a fresh install.

Plants are well taken care of, this is an issue I have never encountered before. Plants start producing the smell effect, I cannot really interract with them much, cannot tend to them and then some die, or just go back to just planted phase and i have to wait for them to grow out again and the cycle begins from the start. This happens to most of the plants in my garden, but there is no seeming difference between those affected and unaffected. This happens to perfect quality plants too. Removing custom content didnt help. 

Message 59 of 109 (1,240 Views)

Re: Plants in my garden smell and either die or revert to Just Planted state

Hero
@Eruvereh I merged your post with existing thread on this.

You could also be affected by this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-In-Season-Plants-revert-to-dirt-piles-Patch-1-68/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 109 (1,209 Views)