Re: [OPEN] Plants playing dead (emitting green cloud)

by EeyoreLover91

Original Post

★ Guide

I see the December 8th update (released December 7th) didn't address this issue.  I'm hoping, though, that by some luck it will magically start working right regardless LOL

Message 31 of 109 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have the same problem, since I transferred a house including garden and plants to a larger lot. There was a gardening robot, there was the gardener coming every day, and my sims also tended to the garden. The plants first displayed the green smoke, did not require any assistance by the gardeners, and then died, were revived by lvl10 gardeners and then died again after some time. As well plants that came with the house, as well as plants freshly sowed.

I play in German, have all packages and only one mod, which has nothing to do with gardening but with clothes.

Kind regards

Message 32 of 109 (1,400 Views)

Re: Plants playing dead

★ Apprentice

@eustacecs Nope. I had a businessman and an unemployed teen when this happened.

PS4 version.

Message 33 of 109 (1,369 Views)

★ Apprentice

How's that going for you? I've not been back in to it for a while.

Started a new legacy with an artist instead 😂 

Message 34 of 109 (1,363 Views)

★ Guide
@EeyoreLover91 My sim won the lotto, so no more plants needed LOL
Message 35 of 109 (1,359 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ooo, nice, I have not had one sim win the lottery ever

Message 36 of 109 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In the meantime I found out some things:

If you send a sim on a journey the green smoke will have stopped after his return.

The plants do not properly display what they need, nonetheless. I have some plants that need water, their soil is as brown as the others', so I have to click each plant to see what it needs.

Also the insect houses seem not to produce any fuel, although the insects are fed and checked.

The gardener appears only to show up every second day.

For a try, I deleted the lot, got out of town, got back into town, downloaded a new one from my gallery (the same one, but from the gallery) and settled a random sim there. The plants grew fine, could be harvested, until I logged out for the night. When I logged back on everything was as before: Plants dying, nothing in the garden worked.

It is not a big problem, as I have many fruits, vegetables and flowers in store, but the flowers are needed for flower arrangements and washing, the fruits and vegetables are needed for cooking, and I simply cannot understand why nothing happens from the side of the game developers.

Kind regards

Message 37 of 109 (1,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My sims go to work, also the professor (aka dad) is an archeologist on the side, mum does programming, even built a robot, so money keeps coming. But the plant problem is a nuisance nonetheless. Cool things to be done with plants, such as flower arrangements, adding them to the washing etc., and also the garden looks bad without properly growing plants. So I don't need the plants either, but would prefer to have them anyway.

Besides, for that price, the game should work properly, I think. And it doesn't, never has, in my opinion.

Message 38 of 109 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Antta I have a max level teacher, a max level programmer, a vampire teen and a servo robot, as well as a cat and a dog. And the dog does pee in the garden but never on the plants, as far as I could see... ^^
Message 39 of 109 (1,323 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Robert_Nordveld Oh, never thought to include pets too. XD I have 5 foxes with a 3 being ghost pets.
Sounds like mine. Wouldn't be good using them if they went on them.
Message 40 of 109 (1,287 Views)