[OPEN] Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

by Dakria93

Original Post

Re: Plants don't allow any interactions after planting.

★★★ Novice

Like I said, if you leave your lot and come back, the plants will work. UNTIL, you reload the game.  

Hoping they fix it soon. I keep fighting them on social media in hopes that someone notices me.  

Message 11 of 27 (835 Views)

Re: Plants don't allow any interactions after planting.

★★★★ Novice
@Th3BlackLotus unfortunately, leaving and returning to the lot does nothing for my game :\
Message 12 of 27 (823 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

★ Novice

I'm having a similar, yet different problem.

My plants aren't degrading in quality or dying (at least, not yet) but they aren't becoming harvestable.  They're all sparkly and I can 'evolve' them. and the trees occasionally have weeds that I can weed, but nothing else happens.  Nothing is producing any harvestable at all.

They were fine up until the latest update (The update where the bunk beds were fixed and the bending couches were added in preparation for the new home designer pack.)

My sim is a scientist and when I go with him to work at the lab, the plants there aren't producing any harvestable either, which is becoming a real pain since I can't make the serums without specific plants.

Message 13 of 27 (801 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

★★★ Newbie

I’m only able to Harvest blue bells, snapdragon, and mushrooms. I got those plants from around the game itself and the rest of my plants I obtained through the planter box with none of the plants producing any fruit either by not growing, or growing and looking fine enough where they should be producing fruit before dying completely. Not sure what to do.

Message 14 of 27 (769 Views)

Plants will not give harvestables

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for all the kits, Journey to batuu, Nifty knitting, My first pet stuff, Movie hangout stuff and spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When i start the game, no plants will ever give harvestebles unless i leave the lot and come back later, but that is only a one time thing, so when i leave the lot and come back, it will give me my harvestables, but if i stay on the lot from that time on, it will not give me any harvestables. So i need to leave the lot everyday to get any harvesables. The plants that are not on the lot will also give no harvestables, unless i leave the lot. extra info: it happends in every world, with or without a gardening pot, and apperantly the snapdragons in every world seem to be harvastables at the start of the game, but ones you harvested those snapdragons, it will do the same as the rest of the plants and not come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? the plants grow fully, but it does not give me any harvastebles.
What do you expect to see? harvastables with the plants that are in season.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has started around december last year.

Message 15 of 27 (761 Views)

Re: Plants will not give harvestables

★★★ Novice

I hope it works by the time the farming pack comes out. Because otherwise, how can i fully play that pack?

Message 16 of 27 (724 Views)

Re: Plants will not give harvestables

★★★★ Expert
@EvaxGirl Lol. I laughed out loud when I saw the trailer. Gardening has been broken FOR YEARS. They either can't or refuse to fix it... And they're adding "Farming"???

Oh yeah, that's going to go down just swell...
Message 17 of 27 (714 Views)

Plants do not become harvestable

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Kids Rooms Stuff, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Perfect patio, Spooky, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time you try to grow plants they do not become harvestable 100% of the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? 100% of the time. After 8 Sim days of growing, watering, and fertilizing, plants never become harvestable while also never leaving the lot. I have tried different save files, families, span of days, seasons, and sheltered versus unsheltered plants as well as plants in planters versus in the ground. I have also tried with Sims who have the soil perk associated with the lot as well as unassociated. Plants do increase in quality and grow up the point of harvestable produce.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see plants harvestable after a certain about of days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My last log in was April 30th 2021. Yesterday, June 11th I signed in an had a total update of around 8 GBs from the May patches and beginning of June.

After 8 Sim days of growing, watering, and fertilizing, plants never become harvestable while also never leaving the lot. I have tried different save files, families, span of days, seasons, and sheltered versus unsheltered plants as well as plants in planters versus in the ground. I have also tried with Sims who have the soil perk associated with the lot as well as unassociated. Plants do increase in quality and grow up the point of harvestable produce.

Message 18 of 27 (717 Views)

Re: Plants do not become harvestable

Hero
@littlered1015 Do they get harvestables if you travel to another lot and back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (708 Views)

Re: Plants do not become harvestable

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Yes, that seemed to work. Thank you.
Message 20 of 27 (691 Views)