Re: Plants don't allow any interactions after planting.

by ashnjames23

Original Post

[OPEN] Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a garden on home lot. Wait until fully mature plus a day or two when they should have sprouted harvestable. Leave current lot then return to home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants will grow to maturity but never become harvestable, neither will they show the need to be watered / weeded / sprayed for bugs until you leave the current lot and return.
What do you expect to see? Plants to work properly without havening to leave current lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Plants remain in a mature state until leaving the lot on return the suddenly need watering / weeding / spraying for bugs.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (4,820 Views)

Plants don't allow any interactions after planting.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant any seed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The seed is planted. I can then water the plant. Then nothing ever happens again. No watering, no weeding, no bugs, no harvest. The plant eventually dies.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plant to go through it's normal cycle and allow the plant to be interacted with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have now started a new sim, on a new plot, and it's the same thing.  I've also uninstalled and deleted ALL of my save data.  Reinstalled with a totally new Sim, save filed, and lot.  Same thing.

The plants don't ever do anything.  They just die.

If I leave the game and come back all the plants update and allow me to interact with them again.  They all show up as dry, full of weeds and bugs, and in need of care.  Having to leave the game and come back just to deal with plants is unacceptable.  Any thing I plant after i come back into the game requires the game to be backed out of to at least the world select menu in order for the plants to update and to grow/harvest/etc.

If I don't reload my game, the plant quality continues to fall and the plant dies.  Gardeners come by and immediately leave saying there's no work for them to do.

Message 2 of 27 (4,690 Views)

Re: Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

★★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. I always do gardening in the Sims, and I mostly stay on my lot all the time. The first time I noticed that problem was after I got the paranormal stuff pack (or the patch for it). I own every single pack. 

If I start a new game and never leave the lot I am on, not a single plant in the neighbourhood will ever be harvestable. If I plant something, same thing, it becomes mature but there is no harvestables. Even with the 'green thumb' trait (rewards store), the 'great soil' lot trait, the 'micro home' residential lot (which is supposed to make them grow faster). 

So every time I plant something, I have to leave my lot soon after planting (loading screen) and come back, and then everything is as it should be. If I don't, eventually everything dies. Very annoying! (That on top of the 'reverting back to dirt pile' problem I often get)

Message 3 of 27 (4,657 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same.  I like to plant my way to being wealthy.  I haven't had the dirt pile issue, but all of my plants just freeze in their freshly watered state and eventually die.  It's really annoying.

Message 4 of 27 (4,638 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I tried selling all my items, moving to a new lot in a new area, I have been obsessively tending my garden & fertilizing when possible. I have my bees pollinate & even tried cheating to evolve or bloom & nothing is working.

Message 5 of 27 (4,498 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had some occasions where some of the plants will need weeding/watering in the morning, then when I come back to the lot later in the day, a few more need it. I think I've left and come back up to 3-4 times before it stopped telling me something needed tending. 

Message 6 of 27 (4,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's now May and this bug still isn't fixed! Tried to make a little old lady gardener and retire her but her plants keep dying. I water them once and then they don't need anything after that, they go green and smelly and then they're dead. 

Message 7 of 27 (4,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem for so long and didn't know it was a bug.

I did find a workaround for the bug. If you enable testingcheats, you can shift-click the plant and modify it's moisture level or weed level. Set it to the worst setting (arid for moisture, and overrun for weeds I believe), do this twice, and then the option should appear, and all should be working again for that specific plant. Debug on the plant doesn't work, but this does..and only after changing the settings for each plant twice for some reason. But this did fix the bug for me. 

Hope this helps others!

Message 8 of 27 (4,048 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants not harvestable without leaving lot

★★ Novice

I am having a very similar problem. My plants will mature and you can see they are ready to be harvested, but when you click on them the harvest option is greyed out with the "Something in your bones message" Even though im not on the university lot. 
Happened right after I updated to the latest patch. 

Message 9 of 27 (4,022 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This worked for me temporarily! After setting moisture level to arid twice, plants needed water, weeding, spraying, and even had harvestables. But after tending the garden once, they didn't change state or sprout harvestables again. A few days later, the plant dies from lack of care.

Message 10 of 27 (3,919 Views)