[NEEDS SAVES] Plants always die before even blooming

by Taaya

Original Post

Re: My plants keep dying!

★★ Novice

I'm dealing with the exact same issue. My plants keep dying regardless of how well I take care of them.

Message 21 of 125 (2,786 Views)

Re: Plants always die before even blooming

★★★ Guide

I have this issue sometimes on the home lot, but always at the scientist career lot.

Message 22 of 125 (2,772 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's something I'm having to deal with as well. I've learned that (using cheats) setting the plant evolution to "On track" and debugging the plant seems to make it so I can use them properly. (Given how I fix it, I'd bet it's an issue with evolution stages in some way but I could be wrong.)

Message 23 of 125 (2,766 Views)

Plants are dying very quickly

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, cottage living, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, parenthood, dream home decorator, bowling night stuff, laundry day stuff, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when plants grow they die within a few hours
What happens when the bug occurs? plants on the lot, even when very well and consistently cared for die within a few hours of being tended too regardless of their condition beforehand
What do you expect to see? plants shouldn't die when cared for
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch update 7-20-21

Sims all have high gardening skill and are looking after the plants consistently (multiple times a day) but whenever they are left they wilt and die almost immediately. This has only happened, either since the new patch or the installation of cottage living. 

Message 24 of 125 (2,788 Views)

Plants randomly dying for no reason (green cloud, dispose of plant etc)

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs apart from batuu, stuff packs i have bowling, cool kitchen, kids room, laundry, moschino, movie hangout, first pet, knitting, paranormal, patio, tiny living, toddler, vintage. Got all kits apart from courtyard oasis.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just have plants in general. Happens to both indoor/sheltered and outdoor plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants seem to constantly die and come back to life. Playing with plants since new cottage living, plants get daily care, fertilizer and watering, however when leaving/coming back to lot or just 6am each day some plants randomly 'die' for no reason. They appear as dispose, and emit a stink cloud, but they have no reason to die and are in season, then if left they either 'undie' or just return to dirt and regrow. Its infuriating as i cant enjoy the new expansion or challenges.
What do you expect to see? I expect my plants to be normal and not randomly die after normal care and weeding etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As mentioned above, its ruining my game experience. Been waiting weeks and spent a lot of money on the game and for issues like this to happen sucks. 

Mods, i only have clothing/sim CC so nothing should affect a plant.

Message 25 of 125 (2,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Borogrove_Gnome
Thank you for this, I set them "on track" and even the dead plants came back to life afterwards.

I hope they fix this asap because it's still annoying to "cheat" the evolution on every plant just so they don't die instantly every time
Message 26 of 125 (2,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have the same problem. New score and it's Sunday, seeds bought, plants fertilized and watered. The next morning (Monday), plants full of insects and weeds. The same game on Tuesday, plants are full of insects and weeds. I also have to water them every day. Unfortunately the green paprika also wilted on Tuesday. Frown
The game is no fun this way, the bugs with the plants keep increasing!

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt1.png

Tuesday evening, the carrots are also withered.

Unbenannt.png

Message 27 of 125 (2,719 Views)

Many Pre-Xpac Plants Dying in Cottage Living

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempting to grow many of the older plants in Henford-on-Bagley.
What happens when the bug occurs? **I've had the following results both without & then with mods installed. Many of the older plants will die very soon after being planted (often within a day), even when tended & fertilized properly. It doesn't seem to be consistent, as my lemons, soy beans, and growfruit are growing successfully, but the following die every time ~ lily, snapdragon, orchid, bluebell, apple, cherry, strawberry, blackberry, spinach, onion, regular mushrooms, and carrots (I haven't attempted to plant any of the others as yet). I've tried these plants in the new square gardening plots, the regular planters, and just in the ground with the same results. Mostly, they seem to die before producing anything, but there have been a few instances when I managed to get one harvest from the plants before they died.
What do you expect to see? Plants growing & producing when properly cared for.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living installed

I noticed this issue when I first downloaded the Cottage Living expansion with no mods installed to begin with, and then after I'd added them. The same issue appeared to occur in both new & old saves.

Message 28 of 125 (2,703 Views)

Re: Many Pre-Xpac Plants Dying in Cottage Living

★★★ Novice

Same, but I first noticed it in San Myshuno after the update. I didn't note which plants, but it was most of them, approximately every 12 hours they would be full of bugs, weeds and needed watering. I started a new game in the new town, same thing. Gardening is a big part of my gameplay so this was bad!

So I backed up my game, made a brand new save file, started a new vanilla game without any mods. Same thing. I haven't tried any of the new plants, but all the old ones I planted went weedy, buggy, dry and some died..... in less than one day after planting! Very frustrating and game breaking for me. 

Message 29 of 125 (2,662 Views)

Re: Many Pre-Xpac Plants Dying in Cottage Living

★★★★★ Novice
@marion1mb the same.
at 06AM game dries soil and spawns bugs and weeds on every possible plant whenever it was tended before.
I had big garden in current playing family that's usually testing all new updates like lab rabbits - I decided to eliminate it all until fix. we gonna buy produce in the stand - instead.
Message 30 of 125 (2,529 Views)