by Maldoravia

Original Post

[OPEN] Plant not planting

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP07: 1.assets.live-sp07.165
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Pets. Game Packs: All. Stuff: Vintage Glam, Kids Room, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? My butler keeps trying to plant the same plant. Yes you heard that right. She plants it once, it vanishes. She moves from point a to point B, tries it again, and it vanishes again. She moves back to .8, and back to point B without fail. What is going on?
What do you expect to see? The planting be done, And the plant stay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It’s 07/31/2020, so whatever patch was the latest. It wasn’t this weird a week ago.

I really don’t want a butler that just keeps going from point a to point B, even when it’s thundering and lightning at the cost of her risking herself. I even told her to quit gardening, but she didn’t listen.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (3,322 Views)

Re: Plant not planting.

★★ Guide

I have a similar problem on PC game, some harvestables cannot be planted - it's kind of like planting a tree in a pot, you get the message that a 'plant' failed to germinate. it can happen with any plant that would normally be OK to plant and it happens randomly, so you can plant two basil plants but the third one might just glitch out.

The other time I've seen it happen and it actually made cry with laughter because it's a typical 'didn't anticipate that happening' EA bug. I built a community garden, and left them with a load of empty plant pots. When the neighbourhood voted for a community garden the lot changed and an army of green fingered townies turned up to plant random harvestables in the empty pots - good to see but the game doesn't control what they're planting, and I had to quit the game after watching the eternal fail loop of trying to plant fruit trees that would only ever fail to germinate.

Message 2 of 14 (3,241 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having this same issue on PC. My Sim can't plant anything on their home lot. When he/she plants the plant just disappears and then the Sim goes back and forth to different locations trying to plant the plant that doesnt exist anymore. It will not work in the planter either. Plants are like ghosts- they just fade away and create some kind of error in the sims queue of objectives
Message 3 of 14 (3,191 Views)

★★ Guide
@littlelulu791 The same thing is happening in my game. But it did help to get the "plant 3 things" done quickly. I could stop her from doing it but I had wanted her to plant enough things so that she could get the "water or weed 10 plants" done. I'm glad I'm not the only person this is happening to!
Message 4 of 14 (3,170 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plant not planting

★ Guide

I cancel the action, i 'just go to neighborhood' view, then back into lot and its usually back in planter as seed,it works after that.

I'm on pc,no mods or cc,have most packs,don't have tiny living,eco,knitting 

Message 5 of 14 (3,157 Views)

Gardening: Seeds disappear after planting

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim try to plant a seed, either in the ground directly or in a planter bowl.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim plants the seed and you briefly see the mound of earth, but then it disappears and the only interaction available is Plant on the ground or Plant and Purchase Seeds on the planter bowl
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the mound of earth remain, and a Water interaction so the plant can be watered
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when it started; I was away from the game for close to a year, and when I returned didn't start gardening right away. I first noticed it when I had MCCC and UI Cheats installed (current versions) but I removed them and deleted localthumbcache, but it still didn't work on a vanilla game. 

Message 6 of 14 (3,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just posted a similar issue -- my Sim was going back and forth between the same two "plants", but the seeds kept disappearing. I tried using a planter pot but the plants kept disappearing there as well. 

Message 7 of 14 (3,117 Views)

Champion

I've had something similar happen a few times, but with Sims I was actively playing, not their employees. In fact, one time I actually "fixed" it by hiring a gardener, who planted it for me and that time it stayed planted.

>I even told her to quit gardening, but she didn’t listen.

My Sims did stop trying when I told them, but maybe it's because I told them to directly, rather than it being an employee's assigned task? I'm not sure how to fix this - are you still having a problem?

If so, I assume you've tried traveling away from the lot and coming back? What about telling another Sim to plant it - can you get someone to jump in before the butler tries and block them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 14 (3,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@justme22 @PipMenace Planting seeds has been buggy in my game since the game patch just before the Eco Lifestyle release (I think that was the June 3rd patch). My Sim will plant a seed but then the seed just disappears. If I had placed two seeds then she'll do that going back and forth thing trying to replant both seeds while there seems to be nothing there anymore. If she travels to a different lot and then returns home the seeds will reappear on the ground where she had tried to plant them.

I've been using a work-around that has fixed this problem in my game-- before I plant a seed I place it on the ground (anywhere is fine) and then I go into Build mode, move the seed into my household inventory, and then while still in Build mode, I take the seed back out of my inventory and place it back on the ground. Then I go back into Live mode and move the seed to wherever I want to plant it, and then I am able to plant it just fine. Moving it in and out of the household inventory seems to reset the seed in some way. I can do more than one seed at a time, it seems to work for as many seeds as I want. I do all of my gardening at or above ground level, I don't use basement gardens, so I'm not sure if this will work underground.

@justme22 Btw this issue does not seem to be related to any mods I am using, I get the same problem with my mod-free test save.

Message 9 of 14 (3,064 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness I'll give that a try after I get my Sims moved; thanks for the possible workaround.
Message 10 of 14 (3,059 Views)