[OPEN] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After the June 2020 Patch, this started happening to my save, too. Sim would harvest wild plants then plant harvestable on the lot. Wild plants still classified as wild even though I performed the same action before the patch and did not have this issue. Plants do not have the classification of normal.

Message 11 of 14 (426 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

★★ Novice

Today I got some wolfsbane, Sixam Mosquito Trap, and Plasma Fruit trees from Forgotten Hollow.

1 of my wolfsbane is normal, the other 2 are wild as are my 2 plasma trees. I deleted the 2 wild wolfsbane and since they had flowered I got the flowers in my inventory. I thought I'd plant them but where it's Quality is wild which I've never seen before. It always goes to normal when picking wild plants.

Message 12 of 14 (384 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

★★★★★ Apprentice

I recently purchased Island Living and found a wild pineapple, harvested and planted three of its fruit.  All three show as wild.  I've been googling why this is so with pineapples, thinking it was just them, as the coconut and taro I have planted are normal.  I didn't realise this was a bug, and I'm relieved now!  I have planted them directly into soil, not a planter if that helps.

Message 13 of 14 (342 Views)

"Wild Potato" plant Stays "Wild" after Transplant...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Harvest "Wild Potato" plant from "Optimist's Outlook" area of "Ridgeline Drive, Newcrest". Plant in a square box planter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Wild Potato" plant stays "Wild" even after transplanting it into a planter on my lot.
What do you expect to see? For me to be able to domesticate it just like every other plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The "Wild Potato" plant stays "Wild" even after transplanting it into a planter on my lot. It never domesticates. I can't Fertilize it, can't Water it, can't Weed it, can't Spray for Bugs, can't Talk to it, and can't Evolve it. It doesn't even show a quality bar. Every other plant I've harvested from this area as well as the surrounding areas have all domesticated just fine; it's only the Potato that won't. I even tried to Graft a Potato shoot onto it and it just changed it to a "Wild Spliced Potato". Uprooting it and re-planting it also did not have any effect on domesticating it.

I have never used custom content or mods, and have never bought any expansions or packs.

I have not made any changes to my system since installing this game - I'm a new player, having only installed about a week ago.

Message 14 of 14 (169 Views)