Re: Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

by JasonVega2

Original Post

[OPEN] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure what causes it.
What happens when the bug occurs? A plant that is planted in a Sim's garden will say that it is wild instead of Normal etc. May have to be planted in circular planter. Can only harvest plant, not tend or do other normal gardening actions.
What do you expect to see? The status of a plant that has been added to the Sim's garden, such as Normal, Nice, etc. The ability to tend, water, weed, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 18th patch

Not really sure why this happened, had never happened before. Was a snapdragon plant - haven't replanted it yet, as I'm not quite sure what to do! Not entirely sure if it retained it's wild status or reverted back to its wild status either. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,807 Views)

Hero
@wildirishbanshee Was it just that one plant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,756 Views)

@crinrict So far. I haven't gone through all the gardens in this save yet, and who knows if it will happen again.
Message 3 of 14 (2,742 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Interesting. I've had this happen to me since Jungle Adventures. In my case, only trees specific to that addition do this - and not always. I've had avocado and emotion trees do this, but not black bean plants.

Message 4 of 14 (2,719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve had it happen with a lemon (which I think is base game, not JA).  I assumed the trees planted from wild gathered fruit retained the “wild” status and if you got the fruit from a seed pack or from splicing different plants together then it wasn’t wild.

Message 5 of 14 (2,700 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,684 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This has always happened to me in my base game; like @k3llybean , I thought it was the way it worked - that you have to graft a wild plant to an existing garden plant or tree and then wait until it produces fruit, then plant that fruit. 

With the addition of Island Living, I was surprised that I was able to plant a wild tarot, kava and pineapple in a square garden planter, and they grew into "normal" plants. The wild coconuts that I planted on the home lot (no planters) grew into wild coconut trees. I had to graft to a plantain tree, harvest coconuts and then plant those in order to get the ones that evolve.

Message 7 of 14 (2,677 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In the past, plants harvested and planted on your lot did not retain their wild status, I've done it often and usually plant in the ground since my sims tend to start with nothing and can't afford planters.  I've only harvested and planted Island Living plants since getting the pack, so thought it was unique to Island Living plants so hadn't thought much of it (it does help with the conservationist career as you can survey and take pictures of the plants on your lot for your work tasks).

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 8 of 14 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Novice

So what's the fix?

Message 9 of 14 (2,620 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plant Planted In Garden Retains Wild Status

Champion (Retired)

Seeing this with lemons in current save.

1.60.54.1020 Patch 16Jan20
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 14 (2,504 Views)