Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Placing stairs next to half wall freezes the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a deck that is 4 squares wide. It doesn't matter how long the deck is. Set the foundation level to maximum height. Set wall height to medium. Looking from the side that is 4 squares wide, place a wall on the right-most edge of the deck that starts at least one square into the deck and extends past the deck at least 2 squares. On the left-most edge, place a wall with the same length and position as the other, but make the wall a half wall, and make it the second shortest half wall height. Place a staircase touching the right "full" wall and going into the deck. Click the staircase and, when the arrows appear, drag the staircase to the left to extend it all the way until it reaches the half wall. Let go of the arrow to finish the extension.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, can't do anything on computer, have to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to escape and close game.
What do you expect to see? the staircase extends as normal and no game freezes occur.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A Video demonstrating the glitch. The glitch also

occurs when I place the staircase directly next to the

half wall, and even when I place the staircase

elsewhere and move it to the wall.

Message 1 of 5 (1,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Placing stairs next to half wall freezses the game

Hero (Retired)

@keima-sama This bug was reported as fixed in the latest patch.  It seems to no longer occur in my game.  Would you please also test it in yours and let us know?  Thanks!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (997 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can confirm that the behavior is the same in my (unmodded) game.  Hard freeze.  Adding to our list.

Message 2 of 5 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks a bunch! In the meantime, I I'll just redesign the area where my staircase will go.
Message 3 of 5 (1,051 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@keima-sama This bug was reported as fixed in the latest patch.  It seems to no longer occur in my game.  Would you please also test it in yours and let us know?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5 (998 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@keima-sama just paging you one more time to see if this bug is fixed in your game?

Message 5 of 5 (948 Views)