by simvasion

Original Post

[OPEN] Pizza Delivery: Delivery person becomes unclickable after delivery

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all currently available DLC.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Order a pizza.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pizza delivery sim shows up on the lot with the pizza as expected. I am able to click the delivery sim and take the pizza as expected. But, then the delivery sim becomes unclickable for further interactions such as tipping, greeting, etc. they just stand at the door doing idle animations.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click them after accepting the delivery and continue interactions like greetings and tipping etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after patch 1.77.131.1030. I know this because I played yesterday 7/19/2021 and this feature was working as expected.

This bug appears to be related to the bug affecting the Zoomers food delivery service added in this patch. The bug is described in this thread: [OPEN] Zoomers Food Delivery: No food is being delivered/Delivery person no bag - Answer HQ (ea.com) . I commented on that thread on page 2 post number 14 and 15.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (5,793 Views)

Re: Pizza Delivery: Delivery person gets stuck after delivering pizza

Hero
@Pamtastic72 She does leave for me after a while. Is that the case for you as well ? I can duplicate the not being able to click on her.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,727 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that all I can do with the pizza delivery person is take the pizza, there are no other interactions with them, but the delivery person did leave after a short time.

No mods/cc in my game, PC: 1.77.131.1030

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 3 of 10 (5,655 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Pizza Delivery: Delivery person becomes unclickable after delivery

[ Edited ]
Champion

If anyone on PC/Mac wants to give it a try, I've uploaded a mod that allows you to interact with the pizza deliverer again after taking the pizza. It's called Food Delivery Fix.

You can download Food Delivery Fix from my mod site (Simvasion.com).

Message 4 of 10 (5,589 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, @crinrict she will leave after about 4 in game hours. I have found too that if manage worlds is entered and then the lot is reloaded the delivery sim will be come clickable again and can be interacted with as normal but there is still no food. Players on the forums report that if the delivery sim is added to your family they have the order in their inventory and you can retrieve it that way, but I have not tested that out myself. 

Message 5 of 10 (5,527 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I too ordered a pizza and after I got the pizza I couldn't click the delivery person to give a tip or even chat with.

Message 6 of 10 (5,164 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue too (I play on Xbox). Though I think for me the food delivery works as it should, it's just interacting with the pizza delivery person that I'm having issues with.

I'll have to test to see if the food delivery is giving me the same issue people are reporting though, since it was mentioned they're connected.

Message 7 of 10 (4,684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This bug continues as of August 2022 and I also play on Xbox console. Thanks Simvasion for the fix made for PC/Mac users, but maybe Maxis could look into and officially fix it for everyone?

Message 8 of 10 (3,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Pamtastic72PS Console player here, it’s happening for me as well. Pizza gets delivered, after a while the delivery person does leave but I cannot have any other interaction with them and cannot tip

Message 9 of 10 (3,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

PC player - this just happened to me in a game with 0 mods or add ons (literally moved all mods out for testing something else and noticed this issue). All packs up to Cottage Living, patched up to current date.  Another Sim on my lot is actually talking to the pizza delivery person, but I can't click on the NPC.

Message 10 of 10 (1,094 Views)