[FIXED] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

by morghan0513

Original Post

Re: All My Pictures Turned Black

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Photos AND paintings (anything painted from reference) that get moved into the ICYA chest all get "wiped" regardless of whether they're framed. Photos become solid black, Paintings become blank white canvases. The titles of all of the photos and paintings are still there, but the images are gone...you know, the part that actually matters? That's what's gone.  

The ICYA storage chest does not store paintings and photos. It erases them. 

I learned this tonight when I discovered that every single family photo and portrait that was taken or painted in my multi-generation legacy family I've been playing for years has been erased. Literally HUNDREDS of photos and paintings of every single member of my family throughout the years are now nothing but blank white canvases and solid black photos. It's ALL gone now. All of it. The entire family history. Just...gone.

...and to think I was so happy to finally have a place to store photos and paintings other than my sims' bloated inventories. STORE them, not DESTROY them. 

Thanks, EA! 

Message 91 of 182 (1,508 Views)

Black Photos After Storing in box

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take photos using tripod. Put the photo in the cardboard boxes found in Eco Lifestyle. Save game and exit then come back to that box.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put photos in a cardboard box and reload the save, all of the photos are black.
What do you expect to see? Photos in the box should be the pictures I took, both in the inventory and when placed on a wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photo of my save

Message 92 of 182 (1,462 Views)

Re: Black Photos After Storing in box

★★ Novice
@eka_ebong I have the same issue on PC. All my old photos are blacked out in the inventory and in the house. Has there been any fixes found? I wasted so much time accumulating them. 😭

Some pets also appear black in game, CAS and on their icons.
Message 93 of 182 (1,360 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me minutes ago.

I tried to repair the game, folder refresh, with and without mods. I'm on Windows.

I cannot say when and how it happened because I just realized they were all black recently. Super sad.

I thought this bug was gone but nope. Just hopping in to let y'all know this still happening on May 2021.

Message 94 of 182 (1,330 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

★★★ Novice

same here in June 2021, all photos in all households have turned black. sucks because i take photos to pass down the generations and theres a LOT of photos in some of these houses. i tried everything ive seen in this thread.

Message 95 of 182 (1,270 Views)

Sticker Box Glitch + Photo/Painting Glitch

★★ Novice

In my sims 4 game, I had taken some photos and paintings and I put them in a eco lifestyle sticker box so I could gift them and move them from one household to the other, but now my photos and paintings that aren't from my new household are stuck in the box and the paintings from reference are all blank and all the photos that aren't mine are blank. 

Message 96 of 182 (1,255 Views)

Re: Sticker Box Glitch + Photo/Painting Glitch

Hero
@kaylaxnc I merged your post with the blank/black photo bug report.

What do you mean by photos that aren't from your new household ? Did you pack photos that were taken by sims that stayed behind ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 182 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. My household just moved in with another household and kept all of their lot furnishing. When I went to the inventory to unpack, every single photo from the moving sims house had turned black including their graduation photos. 

Message 98 of 182 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just had this happen after moving all my legacy family's photos--wedding album, baby pictures, family portraits through the years, graduation photos--into the Sticker Storage Box from Eco Lifestyle. I thought I was saving wall space--instead I destroyed memories. I am devastated. Mods are disabled and game is fully updated, and I'm sitting here stewing and very, very grumpy. 

Message 99 of 182 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just had this issue today too. I was looking for solutions because I thought this was a new bug and I was the only one who had it, to find out this bug has been happening for years and they’ve done nothing to fix it. Literally so much hard work I went into taking these family photos gone, turned black. And I can’t retake them anymore. This has just really turned me off playing the game.

Message 100 of 182 (1,084 Views)