[FIXED] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

by morghan0513

Original Post

Re: Blacked out photos and now the whole game window is funny. ???

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@groovytunes Unfortunately I don't have a fix. It made me so furious, that I stopped playing Sims 4 after that post. Today I got back into my Sims 4 and tried loading the household without mods. Nothing happened at all. Literally the savegame from 2020 has the working graduation picture, but I never gonna get back and play from there because of a picture. I also tried to upload the room with his graduation picture to my own gallery in case it might help, but no it didn't! Once I download it into my actual savegame, the picture becomes black. I swear this is raging me so hard. Why are they so useless at EA to fix this?? I've read, that this is a cause happening since almost the release!!!!

Probably to get the graduation picture, cheating could help to receive that picture again. But this isn't the only problem. Same thing is happening with painting from reference.

Even debugging the picture did not solve it. This is so annoying...

Message 131 of 182 (689 Views)

Re: Blacked out photos and now the whole game window is funny. ???

★★★ Novice

I would think EA would fix more issues but it seems they create issues with every update. The $$$ I pay for the game should be refunded if they are not going to help.

Message 132 of 182 (639 Views)

previously saved in game photos turned black

★★★ Novice

I know there has already been a few posts about this topic and this has happened to me before but I am now unable to fix it. There have been a couple of times where randomly the photos taken by sims in game (hung up on wall or in inventory) have turned black by which I then I reset my files as mentioned in previous posts, load in my save file and it goes back to normal. In fact I just did that about a week or two ago.

However, today after I updated my game for the werewolves patch my pictures turned black and also my paint by reference photos turned white. I reset my game files, repaired the game and loaded the new files (without previous saves or mods) and got a test sim to take a selfie and hang it on the wall and it looked completely fine. So next I tried loading in my save folder (no mods) and again the previously saved pictures already hanging on the wall or in the inventory were black but when I got my sim to take a new photo it displays normally both in the inventory and hung up on the wall.

I have cleared my screenshot folder prior to all this and it has never affected my in game photos and I checked multiple posts which it have confirmed that the screenshot folder doesn't affect in game photos. I'm really not sure what to do from this situation and I'm hoping that I haven't somehow erased the previous in game photos by clearing my screenshot folder as it seems that my game is able to display new photos but not all my old ones Disappointed

Anyone experiencing the same thing or any general advice?

Message 133 of 182 (629 Views)

Re: previously saved in game photos turned black

Hero
@leilanibethamm I merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 182 (584 Views)

Photos turn black the whole save + other saves

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect for Journey to batuu, and some kits ( moon light chic, decor to the max, carnaval street wear, modern men's wear, Incheon arrivals, fashion street, and throw back kit)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. Sometimes I just notice the photos are black after awhile or when closing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Quite often, especially after a new patch or update all the photos in my save will turn black. I've looked it up. Other people have it when they put it in a chest. For me it happens to all the photos in their inventory on the walls and their household inventory.
What do you expect to see? The photos are not supposed to be black. Even when I recover the same file and go back in time to when the photos were not black they are still black.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I've been having this issue for quite a while now but sometimes the photos in my save will just turn black. Usually it's when I reloaded the game up and they weren't black before because I'll recover that save or go back in time on that save cuz I usually keep a couple of copies on the go to make sure in case if any bugs. 

I keep a lot of photos in my game and lots of different households and they're always all black. Usually I can just go back a few weeks on the save to a previous save and it's okay but not this time. I've gone back and now I'm having a different issue where some of the older saves half. The photos are black and half of them are not. Usually it's all the photos are black and I've just accepted it and I just had to lose my progress and go back a little bit but now it is literally not working like that. I've looked this up and it seems like this has been a bug for quite some time now and not been fixed and I've tried deleting cache, I play with a lot of mods so I tried removing those and it still happened, And now even going back to previous save files. They're like this too. 

Message 135 of 182 (582 Views)

PC- photographs turned black since recent SDX

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I know this has been raised before but I can't find a current thread for it for PC. Since the latest SDX the photos in my sims household have gone black, as has the photos in their inventory. I'm scared to play any more households to check if it affects them because I've read you can't recover the photos once they are black. I play rotationally with about 15 households and I'm on my fifth generation, I take photos of all the sims and of significant moments and decorate their houses with them so I could potentially lose a lot of photos. I've repaired my game in origin but that hasn't worked. I've tried moving the photos and that didn't work. I have not saved the game and gone back in and they are still black. I have not put them in any chests or done anything with them. They were there before the update and now they are gone. This seems to have been a bug since 2015, I really hope it gets fixed. 

Message 136 of 182 (575 Views)

Re: PC- photographs turned black since recent SDX

Hero
@AHaes8 Merged your post with the current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 182 (523 Views)

Pictures/Photos Turning Black

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I'm an avid mod user. So this may just be the result of out of date mods. However, my photos in my sim's inventory have all gone black. Placing them doesn't change that. Some of these photos are kind of important and repairing my game doesn't seem to be working. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 138 of 182 (512 Views)

Re: Pictures/Photos Turning Black

Hero (Retired)

@ Have you tried the game without mods?

Message 139 of 182 (494 Views)

Re: Pictures/Photos Turning Black

Hero
@CHIIIVIIII Photos turning back is a known issue. Once they're black, there's no way of getting them back other than reloading a backup.

It's possible that mods make the issue worse but all in all, this isn't mod related.

I merged your post with the bug report. Please make sure to click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 182 (469 Views)