Re: Blank Paintings and Black Pictures

by wolfyboyremus

Original Post

Re: Empty canvas and black photos

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aya_skiee I have done a few of additional experiments/checks in my game:

• I loaded a home I had with photos taken of the Sims in the household. The photos show fine, plus if I save the home to the library then place it on another lot, the photos remain:
    photos of my sims.jpg
  • I had my Sim create a new paint by reference painting...
    creating new paint by reference painting.jpg
  • I dragged this painting to the wall...
    paint by reference painting on wall.jpg
  • Then I had my Sim take a photo (yes, a weird one) of this new paint by reference painting. I dragged that to the wall and framed it:
    Photo of paint by reference painting.jpg
    The photo of the painting and the [painting itself remained.
  • I then left the lot and re-entered the lot and the photo and painting remained on the wall and were not blank.
  • I tried placing this photo and painting in the Sim's Personal Inventory and moving them out and they placed fine on a new home wall.
  • I also tried having her take a photo of another Sim, then framing this and putting it on the wall too. I then had her move the household via the computer and 'keep furniture' so that all of their goodies were placed into Household Inventory. Then they moved to a new lot. I dragged all three of these items from Household Inventory on the new lot to the wall and no pics/paintings were missing.

So... unfortunately I could not reproduce the issue in my game. With what I described, what do you thing is different compared to your game?

Edit: 
These were not photos and paintings taken from a University Housing lot or graduation photos, right? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Photographs-turn-black-Patch-1-58-69/m-p/8471971/highligh...

Also, there were some previous issues with blank &/or black photos/paintings that we were wondering about - if possibly they are affecting these households if they are from an older save? Could you please check if the issue is present if you make a new Sim in your game on a new lot?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 71 of 182 (1,456 Views)

Champion

@aya_skiee I only see paintings covered in this Bug Report, but do you think it could be your issue? If so you can 'me too' it, plus 'me too' the photo bug report previously mentioned if that covers your issue. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Paint-from-reference-sometimes-turns-black/td-p/93...

Message 72 of 182 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! That seems to be my problem. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Photographs-turn-black-Patch-1-58-69/m-p/8471971/highligh...

I clicked the me too button too. 

Also, I downloaded your lot and moved my family in along with some of the blank photos and paintings and they are still bugged. Your paintings and photos are perfectly fine,

screenshot 20201005.jpg

I can't open this link though  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Paint-from-reference-sometimes-turns-black/td-p/93...

Message 73 of 182 (1,380 Views)

Champion

@aya_skiee Good to know! Please try this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Paint-from-reference-sometimes-turns-black/td-p/93...

Message 74 of 182 (1,378 Views)

Blank Paintings and Black Pictures

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Parenthood, Dine out, StrangerVille, Laundry Day, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can't. It's only in one of my saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? I had my sims paint all of the family members, including extended family, and all of the paintings were fine, then once I loaded into my game and all the paintings were blank. I left the game and loaded back in, and a few paintings were back to normal, so I left again, came back, but most of the paintings were still blank. This didn't happen in any of my other saves. Also all of the picture I took are black. This is only in one save, but its the save I play the most in.
What do you expect to see? To be able to see paintings and pictures.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As you can see some of the paintings are not blank, but most of them are. Also the black pictures. 

Message 75 of 182 (1,335 Views)

Hero
@wolfyboyremus Merged this with the existing photo thread but there's also one for paint by ref here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Paint-from-reference-sometimes-turns-black/td-p/93... in case you want to me too that as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 182 (1,318 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thank you I don't know why I couldn't find it when I looked it up... could you merge my post with the paint by ref one as well? 

Message 77 of 182 (1,314 Views)

Hero
@wolfyboyremus I can only merge with one thread but you can just click on edit on your post, copy the html code and paste that to a new post in the painting thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 182 (1,299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, ok, thanks.

Message 79 of 182 (1,279 Views)

All old photos turned black

★ Apprentice

Good evening~

Today I have encountered a completely new type of technical issue/bug (I'm not sure which one it is). I have recently started taking a lot of photos with my sims (because I installed the pose player). I had quite a lot of them in my main sim's inventory, so I decided to move them to a storage box. I have been doing it for about a month now - everything was OK. Today my sim had a wedding, and I made her friend take about 50 new photos with the camera. When the sims returned home, I tried moving these items from her inventory to the same box as before. At first, everything was normal, but at some random moment the game freezed a bit (as if it glitched), and then all photos inside of the box turned completely black. Over 300 photos in total, if not more! All I have been saving for so long - all gone.

I tried moving them back to my sim's personal inventory, but it didn't help. Tried putting them on the walls - still nothing. Restarted the game - nothing. Cleared all cash - nothing. Tried playing on the old save file before the bug happened (before the wedding) - but the photos were black again, even though I didn't do anything with the old save. All photos in the storage box got corrupted all of a sudden. 

At the same time, all old photos that were hanging on the wall or were in my other sim's inventory are absolutely normal, as well as any new ones I take. Only all photos that were in the box at the moment the game glitched were destroyed. Their equivalents in the Screenshots folder (inside The Sims 4 game folder in the Documents) are absolutely normal.

I don’t know what to do now. I can’t find any solutions online that could help me return all these old photos. I can’t even recreate them inside the game now because they were taken long ago. And because there are so many. I have also reset the folder in the Documents and changed UI size to the default one – nothing helped. I do have quite a lot of CC and mods, but I don't think this is their fault. I have had them for ages, but never encountered the same problem before over all these years I have been playing The Sims 4.

Message 80 of 182 (1,184 Views)