Re: Empty canvas and black photos

by SheriGR

Original Post

i am usi

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? All the DLC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ---
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ---
What happens when the bug occurs? The photo i click using phone or camera appear black in the inventory as well as the wall.
What do you expect to see? I want to see the actual pictures i click
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am using pc and everytime i click pictures of my sims the photos appear black. i came to know that this usually occurs in mac but i am using windows 10

Message 51 of 182 (1,459 Views)

Re: i am usi

Hero
@Meli924 Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions how to find it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Please also test without mods.

I've merged this with the black photo issue for now but as yours also turn black in inventory as soon as you take it, it's best to rule out mods as a cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 182 (1,427 Views)

Photographs turn black after being placed in storage boxes

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put photos in eco lifestyle storage box. Save file, close out of the game and when you go back in you’ll see the photos in the storage box are black
What happens when the bug occurs? My photos turn black and I can’t get them back
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my photos the same way I left them after putting them in the box
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is a photo of what I’m seeing 

Message 53 of 182 (1,423 Views)

Taking a photo shows black screen / Painting from reference shows nothing

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? Latest Version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City living, Parenthood, Spa Day, My First Pet, Backyard, Get Famous, Dine out, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paint From Reference or take a photo using the mobile phone
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing shows up
What do you expect to see? The exact footage when painting from reference or taking a photo

Hi, I have gotten this issue for 5 months now, thought that it would go away in the next patch update, nope, nothing happens

When you select "Paint From Reference" or "Take Photo" You don't see anything. 

Example: Take a photo, the photo is solid black

Paint from reference: Shows as if isn't been painted, but can still be sold to the collector.

Footage: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qygdtigBZZ3aZCxq5

I have updated/removed all mods (Last Month ago) issue still shows

If an expert is seeing this, please help. Thank you and much appreciated

Message 54 of 182 (1,381 Views)

Re: Taking a photo shows black screen / Painting from reference shows nothing

Hero
@HyperMan808 Merged your post with the black photo thread.

For paintings you might want to post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Paint-from-reference-sometimes-turns-black/td-p/93...

You say removed/updated all mods, which one of the two did you do ? Tried both ? Did you delete cache files after removing the mods ?. Have you tested a fresh save that never had any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 182 (1,363 Views)

Re: Taking a photo shows black screen / Painting from reference shows nothing

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if I should post here as this is all PC but I've been having the photos turn black on Xbox One. I never placed any of them in the DU chest but they still turned black. Don't know what happened as I just left the game and came back in the morning to find both the paintings and photos black, just the old ones though, they were never on the wall but on displays. New photos and paintings don't turn black just the old ones, haven't tried and see it on my other saves as that save is my main save.

Message 56 of 182 (1,288 Views)

Empty canvas and black photos

★★★ Novice

I have a problem with my sim's paintings because they have suddenly become blank. Also another problem I have is that the photos that I have put on their walls are completely black. What's going on and how can I fix it? 

Message 57 of 182 (1,364 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aya_skiee Do you have any Mods or CC? If so, please move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 58 of 182 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Hi Sheri,
I don't have any mods or custom content. I also tried to repair the game but nothing changed.
Message 59 of 182 (1,336 Views)

Champion

@aya_skiee  Are you on PC or Mac? If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 60 of 182 (1,334 Views)