Re: Sims 4 photos turn black in eco lifestyle storage box

by Kylene12

Original Post

Re: pictures turn black after put in chest - sims 4

Hero
@soficool411 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 182 (3,220 Views)

Sims 4 photos turn black in eco lifestyle storage box

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? All pictures in the sims 4 eco lifestyle storage box turn black
What do you expect to see? The pictures should be of what I or the sims have taken not blacked out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I took CC out, that didn’t fix the issue.

When I purchased eco lifestyle I was excited for the storage box feature. When I put pictures that had been clogging up my sims inventor in the box they were fine. I switched households and played with the new household for awhile. I saved and closed my game multiple times after placing the pictures in the storage box and they were still fine. When I came back to the household with the pictures in the storage box they all came up black. I have tried so many things to fix this issue and absolutely nothing has worked. I’m hoping someone has experienced this unfortunate bug and knows how to fix it. 

Message 42 of 182 (3,274 Views)

★ Guide
@Kylene12 There's a storage box???!!
Message 43 of 182 (3,259 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@Yaanika Yup! It’s also one from DU
Message 44 of 182 (3,220 Views)

Hero
@Kylene12 Merged this with the current black photos thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 182 (3,179 Views)

Re: Photos become black when leaving them in chest/box after returning to house

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I thought the storage chest from University would be a great place to store family photos. But upon reloading that lot (I play rotationally), I got a message that 1 build item I “didn’t own” was removed from the lot. I thought that was pretty weird since it wasn’t a gallery download and I had just been in that lot recently. As I went through all their stuff I noticed that all the photos in the ICYA chest had turned black. Could that be what the error message was about?

Message 46 of 182 (3,123 Views)

Graduation portrait turning black after moving lot / gallery upload

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, discover university, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff[
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place graduation portrait on a wall -> move lot or: upload lot / room with graduation portrait on a wall to gallery -> place lot / room
What happens when the bug occurs? graduation portrait turns black
What do you expect to see? Keep graduation portraits after moving lots / uploading to gallery like photographs or paintings,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help, I still own a save file with these graduation portraits intact and I would love to transfer them via gallery.

Message 47 of 182 (3,113 Views)

Re: Graduation portrait turning black after moving lot / gallery upload

Hero
@Coldplaya10 I merged this with the general threads of photos going black.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 182 (3,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same thing here. I played an eight-sim household through university, so once they all moved in together, I gave each a storage box of their own to put their personal inventory in. That way I could find homework and footballs and other uni-related things easier from the sim-inventory. I used the new eco lifestyle label-able boxes. 

Same result as everyone's been saying, photos in the boxes turned black. This was especially annoying since one of them worked as a freelance photographer before and during university, so lost all her approved photos, and countless photos I had planned to use for her later studio decor. I always take a lot of photos, and all of them had parents-and-siblings kind of photos with them, and childhood memories, all gone. Very frustrating.

Photos ranged in size between small and large, all possible qualities present, most taken with the crystal clear camera, but some childhood snaps even with phone among them. This particular playthrough happened after eco lifestyle had come out (as is obvious from the box choice), but since they graduated only a few days ago and I sort of ignored the storage boxes until it was time to move out, I cannot say for sure if the recent patch changed anything. Considering how old reports there are about this, probably not.

Later edit: just noticed that one of them has also a painting gone blank. It was a large painted-from-reference picture of his pet home, made by his mother, a masterpiece even. Same problem, of course, just adding that paint-from-reference paintings suffer the same fate.

Message 49 of 182 (3,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My diploma photos (the graduation ones you get) turn black after puting them into storage box of any kind. Did not try to put normal photos there but I guess it would be the same. The problem exist since University came out.

Message 50 of 182 (3,013 Views)