Re: Blacked out photos and now the whole game window is funny. ???

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Photos turned black in box

★ Guide

okie dokie

Message 121 of 182 (828 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

★ Guide

Also having this issue on PC, including on a clean game after a full factory reset. In my case specifically, it happens when storing photographs in the Sticker Storage Box. They'll remain visible while stored and retrieved during the same save, but if I save and exit the game, start the game up again, and access the photographs in the Storage Box, they're all black. This happens regardless of whether the Storage Box is just sitting out on the lot or if the box is in the Sim's personal inventory.

Message 122 of 182 (784 Views)

Re: Empty canvas and black photos

★ Novice

I am having these same issues i am also having trouble placing my sticker storage box back in my sims inventory. Every time I try to do this it just pops back on the ground. I have tried to go to manage worlds and then back into the game but when I do I come back and the box is gone this is very frustrating I have used the sticker storage boxes ever since eco lifestyle came out and I have never had this issue. this is really frustrating I hope you can get these glitches fixed or I wont be purchasing any future sims packs.

Message 123 of 182 (640 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@morghan0513 I'm having the same problem. All the pictures are black. The graduation photos, those in the wall and those in the inventory. Having this since years. Need help...
Message 124 of 182 (609 Views)

Blacked out photos and now the whole game window is funny. ???

★★★ Novice

Please Read....

All photos taken in game by Sims are now black, either on a wall or in sims inventory, for all sims, all photos are black. I have read posts and forums about the same issue from years ago, 2015, 2019, but nothing recent. I never had this issue before. My game is up to date, my graphics card is up to date, the UI in game is at 100, (I read somewhere to fix it that you have to go into  the game and set UI to 100). I have reset the game, fixed the game, deleted unneeded files etc., everything that everyone says to always do, I've done. but no fix.

Also, I cannot even start the game now, it tries to start but it starts in some kind of weird window where it is black on both sides with a strip in the middle but the game never loads completely and it does that weird window thing to my entire pc. It's not my pc, if I restart my computer all my graphics go back to normal again until I start the sims 4, then it all happens again. I would provide a screenshot but I cannot take a screenshot because I cannot to anything on my computer when it happens except shut my pc down or restart it. I have not added any new contents, mods etc, and have never had such an issue before.

I thought from the UI exception that my graphics card was out of date so I updated it but it was not the fix. 

I don't have any viruses, malware, spyware, etc., just the game screws up my entire pc when I try to start it.

Message 125 of 182 (571 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update, I fixed my weird window, I finally got the game to start and the reset the resolution to default. All the photos in game are still black, nothing seem s to fix that. I attached an image file I captured from my game to show the photos on a wall. 

Message 126 of 182 (555 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Photographs turn black (Patch 1.58.69)

★★★ Novice

Hello, Same issue.

Right before this I had come too much stuff on HDD and unable to save. I fixed the space issue on my HDD but it seems the references are not pointing at the images anymore

Message 127 of 182 (529 Views)

Hero
@groovytunes I merged your post with the bug report on black photos as your other issue is resolved as you say

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 128 of 182 (514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I still don't see any comments that provide a fix or a solution.

Edit: I do not have any photos stored in boxes in the game, all are on walls or sims inventory.

Edit 2: @GreyWolfBozkurt Did you ever find a solution?

Edit 3: @Liudmila-tian Hi, did you ever find the cause or a solution to black photos? 

(merged post) - Atic 

Message 129 of 182 (497 Views)

Hero
@groovytunes There are several causes. The box is just one.

Don't think there's another way to get them back unless you have a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 130 of 182 (494 Views)