Re: [OPEN] Phone interaction is unreliable

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

The bill paying issue occurs on PS4. I have to tell the sims to pay bills by phone multiple times before it works.

Message 21 of 26 (1,202 Views)

Bill Pay by Phone

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? S/CL/GTW/GT Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat Toddler, Backyard, Kids Room and Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue sim to pay bills by cell phone
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims goes through the motions of paying the bill but cancels the interaction before funds are deducted from house account
What do you expect to see? Task complete with bills paid and funds deducted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the linked video, I queued up the bill pay action once and watched as the sim went through the motions but funds weren't deducted.  Queued interaction a second time.  Again bills were not paid.  I noticed this due to threat of utilities being turned off after I had queued the bill pay interaction the sim day before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8kiknr4kswutz/Cell%20Phone%20Pay%20Bill.avi?dl=1

Message 22 of 26 (1,144 Views)

Re: Bill Pay by Phone

★ Guide

I only started playing a few months ago and I"ve never been able to successfully pay bills by phone.

The Sim plays with the phone, but money never shows deducted from their account.

I just always pay using the mailbox now.

Message 23 of 26 (1,121 Views)

Re: Bill Pay by Phone

★ Guide

Yes, its almost like the sim has adhd or something. They take out their phone to pay the bills and instead end up doing something else, I guess surf the web or play games.

Message 24 of 26 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is still broken and has been for a long time now.

Sims will reliably NOT pay their bills on their phone. The option is there and they'll go through the animation, but the bills are not paid. Have to use a computer or the mailbox. This problem occurs 100% of the time for me, with every family I play.

Also, not sure if this is related: but my sims cannot order pizza. When I call to order pizza, the dialogue pops up asking what kind of pizza I want, but the pizza never shows up - not sure they even pay for it.

Actions for the Social Media career all seem to work correctly. Calling other sims and taking selfies work. But when I try to get them to play games on their phone, even when their fun is 0, they play for a few seconds and then go on to do something else, never raising their fun at all.

Latest save that has the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8rwznvgg9ayic5/Slot_0000002f.save?dl=0

Message 25 of 26 (1,033 Views)

Re: Phone interaction is unreliable

Hero

Fixed an issue which made Paying Bills via Phone not be fulfilled if Simmers queued any other action before it would complete.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (4,058 Views)