[FIXED] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

by Silvernox3

Original Post

Re: Cat wants excessive attention

Hero

This is a known bug. 

I just had it with water balloons as well. Not much you can do atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 182 (1,911 Views)

Dog keeps spamming me for dozens of pets.

★★★★ Novice

b775ca2da67cfbf908aeb4137579e8a6.jpg

Frustrating issue; I love my puppy, but this dog is just a little too needy. Every other day he starts flooding either of my sims for an endless number of pets, to the point that afterwards there is often (but not always) an in-game hour-long wait to do anything.

Very annoying.

Message 62 of 182 (1,881 Views)

Re: Dog keeps spamming me for dozens of pets.

Hero

Hi @Keazra

it's a known issue. I have merged your post with existing bug thread.

There's a few suggestions you can try in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 182 (1,879 Views)

My dog/cat spams my interaction bar until the bar is full.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Seasons, Vampires, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live with a dog and/or a cat for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. The dog/cat sends interaction spams to my sim until my sim's interaction bar is full and my sim cannot interact with any other thing until the pet's interactions get canceled. 2. The dog/cat often sends an interaction to me that interrupts my current activity. For example, my sim would stop reading automatically (putting the book down on the floor) and tend to the dog/cat.
What do you expect to see? The pets should never send spams. And my sim should not quit the current activity automatically to answer to the pet's interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons pack and/or the patches after it.

Disclaimer: 

I never used and i am not using any mod or custom content.

There are 2 issues:

1. My dog/cat often sends interaction spams to my sim until my sim's interaction bar is full (10 interactions or more within 1 - 2 seconds) and my sim cannot interact with other things until the spams get canceled. I did not notice this problem before the Seasons pack and/or the patches that came after the Seasons pack. 

2. My dog/cat often sends an interaction to my sim that causes my sim to quit what she is doing automatically and answer to the pet instead, this is annoying when I am trying to build a skill. 

This issue i am not sure if it also exist pre-Season pack. 

I have searched this forums and third party forums to my best knowledge to find an answer to these issues but so far i have not seen anyone mentioning it. But I think the spamming is a big bug that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, because with it i cannot keep a pet in my house anymore. And there is no reason to buy the Cat & Dog pack. 

Remark:

The 2 issues have occurred to more than one household that i have played in different saved games. 

Message 64 of 182 (1,856 Views)

Re: My dog/cat spams my interaction bar until the bar is full.

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.

Not quite fixed in Patch 1.44.88

I'm going to mark this as fixed for now but please let me know if it is.

If you see this on a different interaction then the one in this thread (especially if no pets are involved), please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 182 (1,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Sadly this is not fixed in my game. I didn't have problems with my cat before but now it is randomly spamming the queue or Sims lift her obesessively up and don't let her down again because the "hold cat in my arms" action is coming again and again.

PS: @SimQARobo

In case that you are interested I paused the game directly after the queue bug happened and created a save. It's the family August in BrinB.

Link

Message 66 of 182 (1,737 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@alanmichael1Can we get your save file, to help us investigate? Thanks much! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 67 of 182 (1,726 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Done, see post below Standard smile

Message 68 of 182 (1,723 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Excellent, thank you so much! And just to make sure, you were getting this spam without mods/CC installed, right? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 69 of 182 (1,716 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No mods/CC, German language, all packs except the family portrait gift (which was not available in Germany).

Message 70 of 182 (1,707 Views)