[OPEN] Pet Adoption/Selling event getting stuck (Patch 1.62.67)

by MoonX07

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4: Selling Kitten Glitch 2021

★★★★ Expert

@cwoodsdean  I am so sorry, but your game amused me a lot, I had to laugh.

About the adoption event: If the space is not enough for the sim to put down the carrier, they will just not do it. Try to take the kitten out to an open space outside, and see if the adoption sim follows. Also interacting with the sim, if there are any interaction options on them, will start and end the adoption event.

Message 21 of 34 (1,255 Views)

★★ Novice

This seems like a valid reason! I was playing in an edited version of the tiny living starter house. So this defiantly seems like why the lady couldn't do it and therefore entered into the glitch. Will keep this in mind for next time! Thank you!

There were no options and you couldn't click on her. 

I'm glad my gameplay was amusing. :D

Message 22 of 34 (1,240 Views)

Hero
@cwoodsdean I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.
L

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 34 (1,231 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pet Adoption/Selling event getting stuck (Patch 1.62.67)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too! I have kittens in an apartment in San Myshuno and whenever I try to put them for adoption or sell them, the adoption person comes over and gets stuck waving their hand and the event gets stuck.

Message 24 of 34 (870 Views)

Sims 4 Adoption Agency Glitch SOLVED

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Adoption Agency won’t leave.

If you’re having trouble where you selling a pet or giving a pet up for adoption and the adoption agency is glitch and won’t leave your lot. Causing you not to be able to travel, not even talk to the agent or do anything else especially save! Then I have the solution! That’s if you’re ok with cheats. You would do the cas.fulleditmode then shift and click on the person and click the
Add to family
After that the glitch is gone and you can remove the person out of your family. This worked for me. I hope this helps.

Message 25 of 34 (850 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Adoption Agency Glitch SOLVED

Hero
@chispita5223 I merged your suggestion with the bug report.

Thanks for posting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 34 (814 Views)

Adoption person died while in the adoption event

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? dogs and cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? adoption person died while in the adoption event and now i cant adopt or sell anything and there is a permanent crate in my house
What do you expect to see? stuck crate and adoption stuff locked
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

adoption person died while in the adoption event and now i cant adopt or sell anything and there is a permanent crate in my house

Message 27 of 34 (814 Views)

Re: Adoption person died while in the adoption event

Hero
@KingTheCoon Were you able to get out of the event ? Do you now not have the option anymore ? A new one should spawn when one dies but you would need to be able to get out of the event.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 34 (780 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I wasn't able to get out of the event, how could I? And there wasn't a new person that spawned, I was trying to sell some kittens when this happened.
Message 29 of 34 (756 Views)

Hero
@KingTheCoon Just trying to understand where things went wrong. So if the event is still ongoing, I'm don't think there's another way than to reload the game without saving.

There are similar threads here where the process gets stuck: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Putting-Pets-up-for-adoption-event-getting-stuck/m... but yours seems a very specific cause (bad luck).

While the event is going on, it's correct that no new person will spawn but it should the next time you're trying to adopt so I wanted to make sure that's what happened.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 34 (751 Views)