[FIXED] Perfectionist Sims painting don't go in inventory when scratched for new

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: Perfectionist auto-scrapping paintings

★ Pro

Having more than 1 easel makes no difference at all, they use the same easel repeatedly. Even at level 10 painting they still scrap them.

My SIM also autonomously uses the woodworking table repeatedly, but the finished item goes into the inventory, which is what I believe should also happen with the paintings. I have no issue with them retrying, its the scrapping that's the issue.             

Message 21 of 51 (1,131 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I agree. Like a previous user  said, it's a problem when they're doing reference paintings that can't be recreated. If the unfinished work went into the inventory, we'd have the option to go back to it later, at least. I'm hoping this is a bug or something that can be tweaked, but also I'll also want to keep in mind not to let a perfectionist sim craft important reference paintings in the future...

Message 22 of 51 (1,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For efficiency: Put a sink next to the easel, and queue up wash hands after you start the painting. They'll finish the painting, and wash their hands, then you can have them sell the imperfect painting.

If you have multiple sims, maybe move the queued up task further away so you have time to sell the painting?

Message 23 of 51 (1,064 Views)

Hero
I've adjusted the title of this issue as the scratching itself isn't a bug. It's what perfectionist Sims do now.

They should go in the inventory though and that's the bug part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 51 (1,040 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Perfectionist Sims painting don't go in inventory when scratched for

★★★ Guide

I've been watching my sim closely, and she is AUTONOMOUSLY SCRAPPING any finished paintings if I don't catch her IMMEDIATELY pause the game and sell them. I OFTEN don't get a CHANCE to sell them, b/c she just immediately scraps the painting.

Message 25 of 51 (975 Views)

Champion

Are you sure that’s a bug? I wouldn’t have expected perfectionist Sims to “scrap” paintings they don’t think are good enough to their inventory. I’d expect them to trash them. To have an “ugh, no!” reaction and the painting attempt is gone. I would not expect them to be willing to display/sell it anyway, because that would make them okay with the imperfections.

Annoying, yes, if you’re trying to get a perfectionist to work in a painting career, but perhaps painting is not for them, just as parenthood is not for a child hating sim. Artists need to be able to say “It’s not exactly what I envisioned but it’s still good” or they’re going to be paralyzed...

I suppose maybe it needs tuning? If a level 10 painter was still regularly scrapping the majority of their paintings that might be an issue. Unless they really are scrapping everything that isn’t a masterpiece at that point, which... I kind of like?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 26 of 51 (924 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously starting new painting with old painting still on easel

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for suggesting this. Queuing up another action (even just "go here") seems to prevent my perfectionist Sim from scrapping his imperfect paintings. He's not very good yet, so all of his work so far has been normal quality or worse. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps trying to trash them once he's skilled enough to create excellent and masterpiece-quality pieces. If he doesn't, that would suggest this is a feature (like goofball Sims constantly pranking toilets every chance they get) rather than an actual bug.

Message 27 of 51 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes @PipMenace, I'd agree that this isn't a bug and that it's working as intended. The solution isn't to change Perfectionist Sims' behavior, it's to use different Sim traits if you don't want this to happen.

Message 28 of 51 (857 Views)

New tiny glitch has started.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Noticing that when i have my sim paint she instantly scraps it without finishing and starts a new one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stoo sim from scraping painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim scraps painting a quarter of the way through it.
What do you expect to see? Please fix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi. My sim keeps scraping her painting she just started and i am not sure why. It never used to happen before but my guess is it's a glitch or it could be because i gave her the perfectionist trait. Oh and also i bought the seasons pack and idk why but my sim feels the need to vacuum snow? Yeah... My husband keeps laughing at me because i get upset when my sim for stops all that she was doing to go vacuum the snow...please help! 🤦🏾🤣 Seeking answers!

Message 29 of 51 (862 Views)

Re: New tiny glitch has started.

Hero
@asumeira I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 51 (817 Views)